Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I looked at the numbers there was a ratio of like 60 active licensed "patients" per active licensed grower.

A deeper dive into balance sheets would be required to know if that is a sustainable and profitable ratio.

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
E677B3F6-A2A6-4851-AA9B-FB8C4744C8D1.jpeg

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an out of state construction company that bought a house and a few acres in our little town-population 29- to start a grow operation. I’m on the rural water board and we told them they would need a commercial water meter-it’s about 3x regular meter-to operate. The man in charge told us that he didn’t have to buy one, His argument was if someone had a few horses behind their house that they used to ranch with then they had to buy a commercial meter also. It seemed every little thing that they had to do or upgrade to do turned into a big argument. Where I live is a township not a incorporated city. I am the rural volunteer fire department chief and they came to me telling me I had to do a walk through so they could pass code. I told them since we are a township they had to have State or County fire do inspection. Next thing I know the owner and his punk ass worker are on my front porch telling me that I have to sign this piece of paper and do the inspection. Do you kinda see where this is going? THEY ON MY FRONT PORCH, UNINVITED, CUSSING AND YELLING, MY WIFE AND DAUGHTERS RIGHT INSIDE FRONT DOOR? Nothing says GET THE F$#@ OFF MY PROPERTY better than an old Colt 45 with a 13inch barrel. They threatened to sue the town and myself. I told them to get right on that because there was $413 in the old city account with the last activity being 9 years ago.
If I was to type about every thing that happened this summer between them, a few neighbors, their pit bull dogs, locked water meter and myself it take up this whole forum.
I was able to talk to the owner one day and told him that a man never gets a second chance to make a first impression and that he blew that all to hell.
Had they wanted to get along and be upfront with all of us I know that the majority would have accepted them and their business but they weren’t.
I washed my hands of them and have nothing to do with them. The only thing I do know is that when spraying my pastures south of the operation with Grazeon P+D and Remedy with a 10 mph south breeze certain non target plants do not fare well at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes as much sense as developing a Meth or heroin farm, everyone needs something and this stuff makes them dependent on others-especially the government and taxpayers. Of course, this is only my personal observation and opinion and not that of the management. Now if a poitician wanted to do it, it would be legalized in a heartbeat if he or she were a Democrat.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes as much sense as developing a Meth or heroin farm, everyone needs something and this stuff makes them dependent on others-especially the government and taxpayers. Of course, this is only my personal observation and opinion and not that of the management. Now if a poitician wanted to do it, it would be legalized in a heartbeat if he or she were a Democrat.
Sorry but you really know nothing about cannabis.
Comparing it to anything is simply inaccurate.
Its nothing like anything else out there that is harmful and deadly.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but you really know nothing about cannabis.
Comparing it to anything is simply inaccurate.
Its nothing like anything else out there that is harmful and deadly.
. Actually, I do know very little about Cannabis other than my son got involved with it at an early age and now he is over 50 years old and still hasn't made much out of his life. He graduated from cannabis to harder drugs and ruined his life. That is why I am vehemently against it. And I do appreciate your courteous reply, most would have flamed me and came back for a second flaming. LOL.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know man... Thinking weed is a gateway to illegal hard drugs seems akin to thinking owning a gun is a gateway to becoming a murderer.

I totally understand not being a fan. It's not something that appeals to me either... tried it, wasn't my thing, and that's my choice as the devils lettuce is theirs.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Weed isn't even in the same stratosphere as Meth and Heroine. Also, we are nearly the reddest state in the country, so it's not a "democrat" thing LOL.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. Actually, I do know very little about Cannabis other than my son got involved with it at an early age and now he is over 50 years old and still hasn't made much out of his life. He graduated from cannabis to harder drugs and ruined his life. That is why I am vehemently against it. And I do appreciate your courteous reply, most would have flamed me and came back for a second flaming. LOL.
I know plenty of people who have blazed hard since jr high that are successful. I would suggest looking elsewhere to blame. Maybe he just doesn't really have any interest in your definition of success...maybe he has confidence issues from being told he was worthless one too many times by someone he loves, maybe he is trapped by fear to pursue what he is passionate about that will lead him to success...

together, you and I (a complete stranger on a random gun forum) can turn his life around. Lets do this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom