This Guy Is Fortunate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because they didn't state a weapon was used by the decedent doesn't mean he wasn't a threat. If someone got a punch to my head and rang my bell, at that point I've become vulnerable to further assault. Yes, pulling a firearm and shooting when your mind isn't straight is probably not the best option, but at that point in time it might have been the best option available. We can armchair quarterback all we want, but the fact is that we do not have enough information to make an informed choice or critique of this fellow's actions. If no charges were put fourth, then odds are there was sufficient evidence to show the shooter had a genuine fear for his life that allowed deadly force.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes you think what options you should consider in a situation. I’m thinking I’m not shooting unless I see a weapon or strongly suspect one is going to be shown. I bet it was a long two weeks for the shooter worrying if they would be charged.
One good punch to your melon and a perp may be taking your gun away from you in that situation. I'm not sure the shooting was necessary, but it was justified.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F'ed around.

Found out.

I don't know, but I suspect the shooter wasn't able to just "drive away". Knowing that intersection, I would suspect that he was blocked and had no place or option to flee, but that's conjecture, just like saying he should have driven away is conjecture.

The DA didn't press charges. That tells me all I need to know. If a civil suit is filed, it shouldn't cost more than $1500 bucks to get it tossed considering the laws currently on the books in OK, but yes, carry insurance isn't a bad thing if you carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom