This Guy Is Fortunate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER
F: A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections A, B, D and E of this
section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the
use of such defensive force
. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes charging or
prosecuting the defendant.

I just dont get what part of this people don't understand. It's like the second amendment, it's right there in print.
TITLE 21 § 1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER
H. The court shall award reasonable attorney fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection F of this section.

I just don't get what part of this YOU don't understand. If there is no criminal trial, then there is no judgement YET that your acts were lawful. Until such time you are open to a lawsuit. That is why part H is included. If you go to civil trial and your acts were found lawful, THEN you can attempt to get all monetary loss back, but good luck with it!

And, yet again, this law only pertains to acts here in Oklahoma. Not every 2a state has this law. So if I'm out of state and have to use my firearm for self defense, I could be screwed monetarily. Therefor I have insurance to protect me.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? Remington was sued for advertising. Since they were already bankrupt, there was noone to fight the case. That's why the insurance paid out. Read up on it sometime. That's comparing apples to oranges.
And if you believe that I have some beach front property for sale in Arizona. This was nothing but a retaliation lawsuit against Remington for daring to produce an AR. I know that, the whole fricken world knows that. The "advertising" aspect was just a flimsy loophole. The guy in that shooting didn't buy the firearm used, he killed his mom then stole the firearm from the gun safe. Tell me how advertising played a role in that? My point was that if someone has the money to hire the right lawyer, they will find a way to sue you regardless of what the law says.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an employee several years ago, involved in a fatal shooting. It was in his front yard, had multiple text messages indicating the violent threats and nature of the neighbor, was arrested that night, and then bonded out. Charges were dismissed. He did have carry insuranc, but I do not remember the source. It cost him between $80,000 and $95,000, plus the thought of having killed a man, in his yard, in front of his family.y and neighbors. Nothing serious is ever easy or uncostly, no matter what the sales pitch says.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because they didn't state a weapon was used by the decedent doesn't mean he wasn't a threat. If someone got a punch to my head and rang my bell, at that point I've become vulnerable to further assault. Yes, pulling a firearm and shooting when your mind isn't straight is probably not the best option, but at that point in time it might have been the best option available. We can armchair quarterback all we want, but the fact is that we do not have enough information to make an informed choice or critique of this fellow's actions. If no charges were put fourth, then odds are there was sufficient evidence to show the shooter had a genuine fear for his life that allowed deadly force.
Absolutely agree 100%, to many variables, unknown situation.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is typically a high financial cost to a claim of self defense that goes to trial.

As an example, a few people being charged with murder for shooting an unarmed attacker

Kyle Rittenhouse - 2.7 million dollars (est.) NOT GUILTY

George Zimmermen - 2 million dollars (est) NOT GUILTY

Curtis Reeves - 1 million dollars (est) NOT GUILTY

I get that people scoff at CCW insurance and see it as a waste of money because they believe a statute will protect them from prosecution, those people are naive. Florida had SYG laws and even though Zimmerman was getting his head bashed into concrete it didn't stop his prosecution. It also didn't stop the prosecution of a 70 year old Curtis Reeves. If you think being a senior will prevent your prosecution Reeves was 79 years old when he went to trial.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Law worked like it should, but you are right. Wonder if there is more to the story than what is in the report.
LAW SUITS ON THE WAY? I had a drunk guy hit me head on, he was on the wrong side of the road, coming over a hill, and on the second annerversary of the acident, everyone this guy knew sued me!! As I learned from this, you only have eactly two years to file, so by the time I was served, I couldn't counter sue them! None of this even went to court, and but I still had to PAY my a Lawyer, or trust MY insurance to not sell me down the river. I only had minimum liability insurance, at that time. Now I have so much coverage, they can't settle, and leave me hanging!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Demands from family and friends of the dead guy have been presented.

I have a question, do these people dwell in a land with unicorns that poop frosted cupcakes with sprinkles on top?

It would be laughable if there wasn’t a dead guy in a box. Morons.

https://kfor.com/news/local/family-...ut-facts-of-case-cites-stand-your-ground-law/
Looks to me like it would have been a good time to check the family members and protestors for outstanding warrants. All these woe is me and knashing of teeth after their baby gets himself killed is pathetic.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks to me like it would have been a good time to check the family members and protestors for outstanding warrants. All these woe is me and knashing of teeth after their baby gets himself killed is pathetic.

Honestly, I think that's an excellent idea, and I'd support that being done to all protesters, no matter the cause. Just a quick check on wants & warrants.

Seems a little Orwellian, but I'll allow it. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom