This Guy Is Fortunate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Umm, if it's criminal, you've got bigger issues than a civil suit.
Ask Kyle Rittenhouse how much his defense cost. I have insurance just in case something like that happens to me and I'm stuck with just a public defender because I sure as hell don't have that kind of money, much less money for bond. And yes, we live in Oklahoma, much different than MN, but there are liberal DA's in this state who would try to do the same. I'm sorry, I will not take that chance. And the insurance I have protects against both civil AND criminal, with no limits on either.

As I said, you do you. I carry a firearm because I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, and I carry insurance in case I'm to be judged by 12.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask Kyle Rittenhouse how much his defense cost. I have insurance just in case something like that happens to me and I'm stuck with just a public defender because I sure as hell don't have that kind of money, much less money for bond. And yes, we live in Oklahoma, much different than MN, but there are liberal DA's in this state who would try to do the same. I'm sorry, I will not take that chance. And the insurance I have protects against both civil AND criminal, with no limits on either.

As I said, you do you. I carry a firearm because I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, and I carry insurance in case I'm to be judged by 12.
Thats a different state. Not comparable. Anyway, it's written into the SDA so it'll never be an issue. Won't be judged by 12 cause they made it illegal to sue you.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a different state. Not comparable. Anyway, it's written into the SDA so it'll never be an issue. Won't be judged by 12 cause they made it illegal to sue you.
They made it illegal to sue gun manufacturers when their product was used in a crime, ask Remington how well that law worked for them. There are always loop holes that lawyers can use to file lawsuits. And again, that is putting all your faith on cops and DA saying that your use of force was legal. Do you trust all cops and the DA? I support the police, but my trust doesn't go that far. Not to mention that unless a judge determines that your use of force was legitimate, that leaves the door open for a civil lawsuit. Read TITLE 21 § 1289.25 H, it states that you can get "reasonable" attorney fees, court costs and compensation for lost wages if a court finds your use of force legal. Yeah, good luck getting that money back. Plus my insurance isn't just for OK. As long as I'm legally allowed to carry my firearm in the state that an incident occurs, I'm covered.

As I said, you do you. I'll keep my insurance. Hope I never need it, but would rather not need it and have it than not have it and need it.

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
They made it illegal to sue gun manufacturers when their product was used in a crime, ask Remington how well that law worked for them. There are always loop holes that lawyers can use to file lawsuits.
What does that have to do with anything? Remington was sued for advertising. Since they were already bankrupt, there was noone to fight the case. That's why the insurance paid out. Read up on it sometime. That's comparing apples to oranges.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER
F: A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections A, B, D and E of this
section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the
use of such defensive force
. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes charging or
prosecuting the defendant.

I just dont get what part of this people don't understand. It's like the second amendment, it's right there in print.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pepper spray would be an alternative to a firearm. Long two weeks to wait to find out if criminal charges will be pressed, the rest of your lifetime to think about the life you took.
Yes, pepper spray. Why some gun guys refuse to carry it is a mystery. Is it perfect, no, does it work everytime, no, but neither does a pistol. The "I have a gun I don't need anything else" nonsense needs to go away.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like disparity of force is a variable is having a minor child in the car to protect also a variable in the decision to shoot or not?
What about the demeanor of the deceased, court records indicate possible "attitude" issues; Under a PO since 11/21, divorce filed 4/22 and likely under supervised visitation due to wife's request and two criminal charges in 7/21(obstructing an officer) and 10/21 (threatening violence). Many would be pissed and have a bad attitude, maybe it showed?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yes, pepper spray. Why some gun guys refuse to carry it is a mystery. Is it perfect, no, does it work everytime, no, but neither does a pistol. The "I have a gun I don't need anything else" nonsense needs to go away.
I always carry POM pepper spray and almost always carry a gun. Pepper spray deployment is best in a lot of situations and this might have been one of them. Wish we had more info on what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom