This Guy Is Fortunate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
but I suspect the shooter wasn't able to just "drive away". Knowing that intersection, I would suspect that he was blocked and had no place or option to flee, but that's conjecture, just like saying he should have driven away is conjecture.
By the short article, it would appear he was blocked in traffic...they were stopped at a red light. IDK if I would have shot the dude, or not. I can't say and I don't think anyone else can either being's they weren't in the situation. I can say that most likely, I would have beat panhandler dude's ass...or he mine vs drawing a gun.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the short article, it would appear he was blocked in traffic...they were stopped at a red light. IDK if I would have shot the dude, or not. I can't say and I don't think anyone else can either being's they weren't in the situation. I can say that most likely, I would have beat panhandler dude's ass...or he mine vs drawing a gun.

Disparity of force is a real thing.

I’m old enough and frail enough that I’ve decided I’m not going to lose anymore fist fights. My next lost fist fight might put me in a box. That fear is also real.

For all we know, the shooter was 93 yo and uses a wheel chair. I doubt that, but the fact is, we don’t know.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that is why you should have concealed carry insurance. I worry more about a civil lawsuit than a criminal one.
It is in the SDA. Everyone who carries a gun in Oklahoma really should read the SDA

https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/gmc476/f/SDA_LAW_BOOK_NOVEMBER_2021.pdf
I believe the relevant section is page 42
TITLE 21 § 1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER
F: A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections A, B, D and E of this
section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the
use of such defensive force. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes charging or
prosecuting the defendant.
Good on your stand by lawyer for scaring you and fleecing you. Is his last name LaPierre by chance?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Disparity of force is a real thing.

I’m old enough and frail enough that I’ve decided I’m not going to lose anymore fist fights. My next lost fist fight might put me in a box. That fear is also real.

For all we know, the shooter was 93 yo and uses a wheel chair. I doubt that, but the fact is, we don’t know.
That's exactly why I said that IDK if I would have shot the dude or not. Hypothetical situations don't do much other than nothing. I'm also not old enough to get my ass whipped needlessly...I have enough self-awareness to know when that time comes.
We don't know what we don't know.

Last edited:

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drive off like you supposed to. Lol

That intersection has a crosswalk often filled with students transiting the south oval to the residential areas. Hit the accelerator and you're likely to plow over a bunch of kids. He could have also had a car in front of him at the stop light. Lindsay Street through the campus is a two lane street. Lots of reasons he may have been trapped and not able to drive off.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1650738180701.png

Wish I could make that pic larger with good detail, but that's the guy who got shot in the photo. Looks like a rather large healthy individual to me. Pretty intimidating.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attorneys charge by the hour, how many hours do you want your attorney to work to keep you out of a cage for the rest of your life? How many hours can you afford?

Some people are forced into a plea bargin because they don't have the money to go to trial (read Varg Freeborn) and no, not everyone qualifies for a public defender or run out of money before the trial even starts. It was almost 10 years before Curtis Reeves went to trial all the while incurring attorney fee's of about a million dollars. Curtis Reeves was found NOT GUILTY.

Latest posts

Top Bottom