This may be out of.... Brigadoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was in the article you posted...

"Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents are trying to track the history of the rifle, including how Holbert was able to pass a federal background check with his criminal and mental health history..."

Maybe someone wasnt lazy...maybe he just had good fake documents...but someone still had to call it in

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was in the article you posted...

"Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents are trying to track the history of the rifle, including how Holbert was able to pass a federal background check with his criminal and mental health history..."

Maybe someone wasnt lazy...maybe he just had good fake documents...but someone still had to call it in

I didn't comprehend that to say anything negative about Brigadoon's. It sounds to me like if there was a problem it was with the NICS system and not Brigadoon's. Of course, the gun purchase was also five years ago. He may have not had any convictions or anything that would preclude him from purchasing. Or, perhaps he lied on his forms and nothing was in the system that flagged him.

The point is, there has been no official allegations (that I'm aware of) of any wrongdoing by Brigadoon's but your post and the other post at the beginning of this thread made it sound like they were selling guns to felons and/or to people without the proper paperwork. I see no evidence that is the case and I think it's wrong to say about them if it's not true. They always seemed like decent enough people to me.

Bryan

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't comprehend that to say anything negative about Brigadoon's. It sounds to me like if there was a problem it was with the NICS system and not Brigadoon's. Of course, the gun purchase was also five years ago. He may have not had any convictions or anything that would preclude him from purchasing. Or, perhaps he lied on his forms and nothing was in the system that flagged him.

The point is, there has been no official allegations (that I'm aware of) of any wrongdoing by Brigadoon's but your post and the other post at the beginning of this thread made it sound like they were selling guns to felons and/or to people without the proper paperwork. I see no evidence that is the case and I think it's wrong to say about them if it's not true. They always seemed like decent enough people to me.

Bryan

Either way, I went in there once with cash in hand and walked out when no one would help. I wouldnt go back. Bootleggn said he didnt believe what they told him about no longer selling guns... my experience was 2 years ago

dwmmg08

Marksman
Reaction score
I've bought several guns (98k, MG34) through Brigadoon, and never, not once, did I ever see them not following every BATFE BS rule to the letter. They called in everything to NICS, they checked every form, and checked ID. I was shocked when I read that about the doofus who shot the officers buying his gun there, as I didn't see how that could happen; then if you read the articles, you'll note that the purchase was years ago, before he started having any problems, mental, drug, or otherwise. Therefore, I can't see how they or NICS could have done anything wrong at all? :comfort:

I'm sorry Brigadoon quit selling firearms, as it seemed they were the only gunshop that generally had anything I was interested in buying for a decent price in the OKC area. :censored: They were always super ultra busy, you're correct, that was annoying! I've walked out too when I couldn't find anyone to wait on me, but I came back. There simply was no way to get through the crush of people up there to the counter. (!) At least Mark was always actually interested in cool WWI and WWII era guns, he had some neat stuff if he was free to talk, and not beat from doing sale after sale after sale!. :D He'd talked about giving up gun sales earlier this year, actually, I guess the insurance was really really high. (?)

Anyone know of a decently priced gunstore that stocks neat WWI and WWII stuff in the OKC area for a reasonable price? I used to stop in at Gunworld when I went to Brigadoon for a laugh at their prices, but I've never bought anything there. :laugh6:

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought several guns (98k, MG34) through Brigadoon, and never, not once, did I ever see them not following every BATFE BS rule to the letter. They called in everything to NICS, they checked every form, and checked ID. I was shocked when I read that about the doofus who shot the officers buying his gun there, as I didn't see how that could happen; then if you read the articles, you'll note that the purchase was years ago, before he started having any problems, mental, drug, or otherwise. Therefore, I can't see how they or NICS could have done anything wrong at all? :comfort:

I'm sorry Brigadoon quit selling firearms, as it seemed they were the only gunshop that generally had anything I was interested in buying for a decent price in the OKC area. :censored: They were always super ultra busy, you're correct, that was annoying! I've walked out too when I couldn't find anyone to wait on me, but I came back. There simply was no way to get through the crush of people up there to the counter. (!) At least Mark was always actually interested in cool WWI and WWII era guns, he had some neat stuff if he was free to talk, and not beat from doing sale after sale after sale!. :D He'd talked about giving up gun sales earlier this year, actually, I guess the insurance was really really high. (?)

Anyone know of a decently priced gunstore that stocks neat WWI and WWII stuff in the OKC area for a reasonable price? I used to stop in at Gunworld when I went to Brigadoon for a laugh at their prices, but I've never bought anything there. :laugh6:

Try out Big Boys guns & ammo (mustang, ok). They have a rack of such firearms.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bootleggn beat me to it, see I should read to the end of all the posts before posting...hehehe
but this is the only store I can think of though!!!!

There is a small gun shop in wheatland, west of OKC before you get to Mustang called big boys guns and ammo... They are on council and sw 74th I believe..

They had a lot of WWI and WWII and a buttload of WASR stuff on their shelves the last time I was in there, which was august 2008.... I purchased a m-44 mosin-nagant for $99.00 still in cosmoline with all the accessories bandolier, pouches, cleaning kit, etc... An original springfiled M1 garand for $600.00 in august 08.... they followed all ATF to the letter. good people...

They were real reasonable on surplus ammo and rifles....

They are a family run shop and they were always real proffessional every time I have been in there... easy way to get there is I-44 to airport rd follow around to council go south a few miles on right hand side of street....

I hope this helps you out some,
keven
reminds me I need to go by there....

Reaction score
Well, perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that when you go into the brick and mortar firearm business, you go in knowing full well that you won't "make any money selling guns" - you make the money on the accessories you sell with them, and just (essentially) break even on the gun sales (and hassles related thereto).

But guess what - you don't sell many accessories if you don't STOCK those break-even (or even loss-leader) guns. I sure hope they stay in business, but I wouldn't bet on it. As always - but what the heck do I know? :)

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys in mustang is a great place to fiddle with a gun you wanna buy. I have bought from them before, but it was wooden ammo crates, and not firearms..Their SKS's went from $175 pre-obama to $399-415 for the exact same four chinese SKS's. Good store tho.

dwmmg08

Marksman
Reaction score
Try out Big Boys guns & ammo (mustang, ok). They have a rack of such firearms.

Thanks guys, I'll check Big Boys out! Glad to hear there's someone else in the OKC area with some interesting guns, I really don't care at all about Remchester's etc.

Thanks! :w000t:

Still too bad about Brigadoon, though. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom