Those of you who know Grumpy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty then -- MORE good news! He actually stood up OUT OF BED this afternoon! Not for long. And didn't take any steps but the nurses said they were all pleasantly surprised at how strong he was. Apparently those PT exercises that he threw a pencil at me over a couple days ago actually work. Huh! Who would have thought?? 🤔🤨🙄

He got a break today. I came back home this morning to clean house and get some things situated in case his son wants to come stay with us for a while and fell dead asleep (after doing basically the same thing last night) and woke up at 5 this afternoon. 😳 Guess I was tired?? 🤷 But tomorrow we are gonna find a new routine! 😁😁😁

Best news of all -- if he continues on the path he's on now the pulmonologist and neurologist both agree we can start "talking" about jail-breaking him next week, so I'm hoping he'll be home inside the next couple weeks or so.

Guess we can both cross "near death experience" off our bucket lists now. 🤣🤣🤣

What is the pulmonologist's name? I have a cousin who's one. But I think he works out of Mercy Hospital, not Baptist.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
snoopy-happy-dance.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys. Sit down. That hospital has truly pulled a rabbit out of their hat. Scott is off the vent again, feeding tube is out, he is sitting up in bed on his own and can move his arms and legs without help. I am looking at a completely different man than even 24 hours ago. I'm flabbergasted -- and happy! It is amazing just how quickly a person can go from "oops I'm dead" to " hey, I'm fine. Just need a nap!" 🤣🤣🤣 And how many times they can do it in a week -- the bastard! I told him today he was in BAD trouble with me! He rolled his eyes and said "So nothing's changed, huh?" 😳🙄🙄🙄 Bastard! 😉🤣🤣🤣

In a side note, if he is always in trouble with, would that not make you the grumpy one? Inquiring minds want to know. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was it for sure myasthenia gravis?
Yep. They had him on some kinda alphabet infusion for 5 days. And a really high dose of steroids and about a million other things. Now that thr infusion is done he's on something else -- I am assuming it is the maintenance med they will send home a script for when the time comes.

As for now he's on an IV, he still has his line in the corner of his neck/shoulder so they can draw blood/give meds there also and that is pretty much it.

I appreciate everything you guys have done for us and all your prayers and good energy. 🥰🥰🥰

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. They had him on some kinda alphabet infusion for 5 days. And a really high dose of steroids and about a million other things. Now that thr infusion is done he's on something else -- I am assuming it is the maintenance med they will send home a script for when the time comes.

As for now he's on an IV, he still has his line in the corner of his neck/shoulder so they can draw blood/give meds there also and that is pretty much it.

I appreciate everything you guys have done for us and all your prayers and good energy. 🥰🥰🥰
We are just happy he is getting better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom