Throw rocks at us? We will shoot you back.... with a crossbow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think lethal force should be used on someone throwing rocks but maybe a blunt tip arrow. When I was a teenager I had kids throw rocks at my Camaro down the road from my house. Gravel road+rear wheel drive= kids with lots of gravel bruises. They never threw rocks at any of the neighborhood cars again.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently from what I heard, in OK there are very specific laws regarding throwing rocks at vehicles. We have some people that speed through and run stop signs in our neighborhood. One of my neighbors and I were chatting in his driveway and flagged down an officer that was writing tickets left and right. My neighbor had mentioned throwing small rocks, but the officer said don't throw things at cars, but if you do throw something, use anything but rocks.

I don't have the statue here in front of me, but if I remember correctly, it's in Title 21. It's a felony to throw objects at a moving vehicle.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I pass any judgement, I want to know the size of the rocks and age of the children.

Would any of you still claim that a cross bow bolt is appropriate justice if the situation ends up being 6 and 7 year old children throwing pea sized gravel?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I pass any judgement, I want to know the size of the rocks and age of the children.

Would any of you still claim that a cross bow bolt is appropriate justice if the situation ends up being 6 and 7 year old children throwing pea sized gravel?

At what point does the size of the rocks stop being acceptable for throwing at cars? There should have been no throwing of anything, period. The response was extreme for sure, but the kids brought any sort of response upon themselves.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank goodness that crossbow didn't have a high capacity clip. That person could have caused mass distruction shooting hundreds of arrows a minute.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what point does the size of the rocks stop being acceptable for throwing at cars? There should have been no throwing of anything, period. The response was extreme for sure, but the kids brought any sort of response upon themselves.

I am not saying the kids are not deserving of a response, or discipline. I am saying children of a certain age are cognitively unable to grasp the consequences and scope of what they are doing. Someone needs to intervene and stop them, and they need discipline. But it needs to be appropriate to the situation.

Again I the ages aren't released, so we have to speculate. But if you guys really think a bolt to the stomach of a 7 year old is appropriate, then I really feel you need some help. Or to knock off the internet bravado, which ever the case may be. Really it's pretty sick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom