Thugs waiting in line at Walmart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had co-woorkers like you guys. I was able to pick up a cpl of 50 rd boxes for my son at Acadamy on NW expway. (2 box limit per customer) I went back the next day to get a cpl more and they were bone dry.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold some to co-worker the other day. We were talking about how was trying to go to academy and buy 50 rd boxes (none available) and then we got on price. this is our convo and it makes me sad it has come to this. (he is a non-shooter and was only trying to take his kids to get their boy scout badge next wknd)

him: will you take $8 per box?
me: for 50 rds?
him: yes, that's seems like what its going for
me: well, it is if you like over-paying
him: ok, so how much?
me: normally for friends, $20 per 500 for plinking ammo
him: what?
me: is that too much?
him: no, I just thought it would be more
me: well, no. but since it's for kids, you can have it
him: what?
me: I'll bring it tomorrow, you can have it...for free.
him: I owe you
me: buy me a sammich
him: ok

he was willing to pay $80 for 500, so it's easy to see that this will never end until ppl STOP paying the gouger prices. Bitching and moaning here will not solve it. Helping others will hopefully educate others and they will educate someone else, etc...pay it forward once in awhile and good things might happen. I'm not saying give chit away for free...IJS, make someones day and maybe you too will get a free sammich.

I'm hungry now...great.

I'm an optimist. flame me, whatever. if you do...see my avatar for my response.

AJ, you and I think a lot alike. I gave a 500 round box away to a co-worker last week. He's just getting into shooting and complaining how he's been able to shoot his new rifle once - he shot the 50 round box he got with it. I asked him what it was and the conversation went from there.

Happy to pay it forward. If I remember right, my first post on this board was a pay it forward post. I don't care if someone believes in karma or not, everyone should PIF when they get the chance. - speaking of which, lemme go see if there's something I can post over there. I need some good juju . . .

You guys are making the kids day, I try to spread the 22 wealth whenever I get the chance. I'm not trying to ***** or insult certain people (growing **** on their neck), or the many websites popping up, just trying to educate the shooter's, I tell everyone about the shortage and what the real price is! I think people are finally getting to point! :beer:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a great new tactic. stand in the line at walmart with a couple kids (schools out) and people will let you to the front of the line or sell you some of theirs cheap.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he was willing to pay $80 for 500, so it's easy to see that this will never end until ppl STOP paying the gouger prices. Bitching and moaning here will not solve it. Helping others will hopefully educate others and they will educate someone else, etc...pay it forward once in awhile and good things might happen. I'm not saying give chit away for free...IJS, make someones day and maybe you too will get a free sammich.

I'm hungry now...great.

I'm an optimist. flame me, whatever. if you do...see my avatar for my response.

I agree with you. I guess some of it in a way can be new shooters and gun owners and they dont know what the prices were before the panic.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goose island? They bought these from a trucking company! I call BS on that! uploadfromtaptalk1401662477750.jpg

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goose island? They bought these from a trucking company! I call BS on that!View attachment 39376

Goose Island probably has an "in" with somebody like Sooner Salvage. Back in the 80's-90's I bought tons of ammo and gun accessories dirt cheap off them.

One time I went to Walls in Ponca City and bought a bunch. Hell, they had shopping carts of smoke and water damaged Desert Eagles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom