Ticks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're out early around here; I killed a bunch while I was changing the oil in my truck last weekend. I bought some poison but haven't had a chance to put it down yet.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a tick few weeks ago around my ankle, left a little mark. While out shroom huntin this week got another tick that was courteous enough to bite in the exact same spot as the other one.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the subject... What do y'all use for tick poison around the house? I bought some Spectracide (I forget the exact product) lawn care poison that's supposed to kill just about everything, including ticks and ants, but I was wondering if there was something that might work better.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the subject... What do y'all use for tick poison around the house? I bought some Spectracide (I forget the exact product) lawn care poison that's supposed to kill just about everything, including ticks and ants, but I was wondering if there was something that might work better.

I use permethrin. I have this old brick patio that the ticks apparently like to breed in. Seed ticks just pour out of it at a certain time of year, so I have to dip the dogs to keep them tick free. Once I am done dipping them, I just take the leftover and throw it out all over the patio. It knocks those ticks out in no time and they don't show up again until the next year. I'll pour it along the perimeter as well, since there are cattle all up next to the fence. Cats don't react too well to permethrin, so might want to keep them out of it till it dries. They tend to, like, die.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I spray Tempo around the outside edge of the house 3 times during summer. Nails the insects........therefore keeps the fiddle backs away for the most part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom