Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im gonna have to disagree on this sir. Once an individual becomes a convicted felon that right is forfeited. Cause and consequence. They made a poor decision that forces them to give up the right to legally own a firearm for good. Rightfully so if I may say so.
So, that guy who got a felony conviction for writing a hot check deserves to lose his rights forever?

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
Then why release them?
Felony charges are handed out like candy. So if you were caught with a joint 5 years ago your a fellon and cant have a gun or get a good job. Makes sense...
Exactly! Handed out like candy! There are many, many federal laws that will make a felon out of an innocent person than most people could ever imagine.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly! Handed out like candy! There are many, many federal laws that will make a felon out of an innocent person than most people could ever imagine.

Funny, I have seemed to navigate my 43.5 years on this mudball without come across a hidden felony just waiting to spring out and bite me... guess that felony vaccine my parents gave me worked! Its called the shot of common sense. Its funny how so many people will piss and moan about how kids know nothing of consequences yet will turn around and advocate for all felons to have access to firearms.

Are there a few types of felonies that shouldn't be? Sure. But that means you need to fight to change those types to misdemeanors, not allow all felons to have access to firearms. There is a path to take to get your 2A rights restored, though admittedly its easier in some states than others. I thought a lot about this. And I agree with the statement that a felon will get a firearm if they really want one, laws be damned. However, that doesn't mean we should give all felons just free reign. Nor should we just keep them locked up.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, you never lose any of your rights. The government tends to walk all over them, disregard them, defecate on them, and threaten you with infringing upon them, but the government cannot take them away, suspend, or otherwise disparage your rights. In the Second Amendment, that is what 'shall not be infringed' means.

If anyone is so dangerous that they cannot be trusted to behave properly with a weapon (a weapon of ANY kind), those people should be locked away from society where they can't get their hands on any of them, or cause harm in any other manner. They need to be kept locked up until it can be proven they are no longer a threat to society.

Many people who have been locked up never get out of prison until they are dead. That practice needs to be enhanced to include anyone who has purposefully used a weapon - any weapon even to include body parts - to cause harm out in society. In order to achieve that, there needs to be a new classification written into the law called a "violent felony." Either that, or limit the felony label to only include the commission of violence.

Once the adjudicated time has been served and the individual has been released from prison(or institution), that is the government saying this person is safe to be released out among society. Once released, if the government decides to forbid such people to exercise a God given right, that is the government saying this person is still a danger to society and we can conclude that individual should not be released. It is the government failing to do a duty for which it was established for in the first place. All the more reason why we should never surrender our arms.

Consider adjudicated violent felons who are walking the streets to be a fifth column. They are dangerous people walking among you who will turn on you just as fast as any despotic, tyrannical government would - given half a chance. History has shown this to be true. Study it.

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

Our force of arms, the right to keep and bear arms that the Constitution forbids this or any government under it to infringe, must be cleaned, polished, and PUT ON PARADE from time to time. This must be done so that those who would usurp our freedoms, or dictate their unrighteous causes, or enslave us under some self-serving tyranny, will know to remain humble before us and keep their distance. B.E.Wood

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actions have consequences. Committing a crime is an action that has severe consequences as a result of that deliberate action. Rights are given up when we choose to commit a crime.

What about the right to a speedy and public trial? The right to council? The right to a trial by a jury of one's peers? As for arms, no one loses the right to them. One can be deprived access to their arms by due process, but once freed, their adjudicated punishment is ended and their rightful property must be returned to them and must be allowed to exercise any and all rights of any citizen not in the adjudicated custody of the state.

Deprived is not the same as forfeited. Also, rights cannot be given up.

Woody

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice try, but the fact still remains that the individual, even with the concept of trial, council, jury, due process, etc., knows that among the consequences associated with their act, is the loss of certain rights. The adjudicated punishment may include being confined for a period of time, but also includes the loss of that right which we work very hard to preserve.
So, you’re ok with the government taking away a right forever, even after the person who committed the crime has completed the full term of incarceration and paid any required restitution?

It’s really ok to have to pay for a crime for the rest of your life, even if a life sentence in prison isn’t a potential penalty for the crime?

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fear of guns is deeply ingrained in some of y'all. You seem to be OK that felons (who by your own estimation aren't to be trusted with a gun) be in public with your children,as long as they don't have a gun. They can carry sticks, knives, needles, TB and STD's, but not a gun. You're a bunch of closet liberals. Nanny state endorsers. Lunch ladies screaming, "he can't have a gun - I'm skeered".

THE evil in this world is the lack of minding one's own business. It's what governments use to control you and steal your ****.

Latest posts

Top Bottom