Tires for my Z-71

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my truck (that she drives the wheels off of) is In need of new rubber. Looking at different AT tires and not sure what brand or model to go with.

Big, coopers, Goodyear ect???? Not wanting a full on mud tire are I see lot of highway but want something that will perform when I need it.

Sent via message in a bottle

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2 tires. For an all terrain tire, they don't have the road noise other ATs do. They did extremely well in the big snow storms we had 4-5 years ago (better than I expected). And I have no problems on soft ground when hooking to trailers. Mine are on a 1 ton diesel 4x4. It doesn't ride the best, but I can't blame that on the tires. Coming from a 2wd diesel that would get stuck in wet grass while empty, I really like these. They were recommended to me by my buddy that used to own the Goodyear store on Memorial. He said they were some of the best all around AT tires for heavier trucks. They never left me disappointed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've become really partial over the last few years to the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They seem to handle the weight of our f250's and Excursions and still get great tire life. They've done well in the mud, excellent in the snow. Firestone Transforce A/T do the same, but are a little rougher ride.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had duelers at one time on a full size bronco they did alright...but I also wasn't scared of the skinny pedal at the time either. 3 engines 2 clutches and a rear end. Man I was hard on stuff then.

Sent via message in a bottle

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some off breed mud tire made by some bigger tire company. Sing like an Opera Star, but grip like a gorilla.

All of the pumpers in Osage and Kay county run them for a reason.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've put alot of miles on a set of Cooper Discoverer ATP's from Discount Tire. Lots of turnpike miles and lots of oilfield lease roads, they haven't let me down yet. The ATP's are made just for Discount Tire and are fairly cheap for truck tires.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toyo AT3/nitto terra grappler are a good tire, along with with cooper discoverer at. The toyo has a 50k mile tread life warranty if i remember correctly as well. When I replace my current tires I'll be getting the AT3's.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Latest posts

Top Bottom