Tires for my Z-71

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for several brands. BFG AT 2s for a good AT tire and the Cooper ST Max for a good blend of AT and Mud tire in one. The ST Max is considered an AT but almost looks like an MT. On the ramforum I'm on these are two very popular choices. I will be getting the ST Max for my Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 I have on order now. Many others also speak highly of the Nitto and the Goodyear Duratracs. All say the Duratracs have great wear and is fantastic on ice/snow.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked the BFG ATs I had on my z71 but they weren't great in snow and didn't clear at all in mud. Good tire for life and getting around if need be when the weather sucked. I'm going to consider 35" BFG mud terrain km2s on the rubicon when it needs rubber. Something a little more aggressive but still mild mannered on the highway. Probably be between the km2 and Terra Grappler.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran general grabbers on my blazer and my suburban 4bys ,AT m/s. They rocked! Boys with the Cooper SS's would look down their noses, but also look behind them on the trail and see me there. Lol
The reason you gave up on them Cody, is they changed them after a three year hiatus early millennium .
what i dislike after that was no matter the brand that crap of 4 rated to 6. Feels like grapes rolling under you. Hard to haul firewood on tires like tha , sub will hold a rick . Pain to load :( . On my 91 sub i got some Goodyear wrangler authoritys. And on my Colorado black friday specials, Goodyear wrangler at/s, can hear the sub a mile away. Lol

Stay safe truck on .
elance

pow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've been running a set on my JK for about 2 years. It's a soft top jeep, so it's hard to speak to noise, but i'm not having any issues with wear.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrangler silent armor for the win!!!! wrangler_silentarmor_ci1_l.jpgmKKLWfKeYuXDw_J3HC1ZdHw.jpg

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a half ton 4x4, I wouldn't use anything other than Goodyear dura trac or pro comp extreme all terrain. I also like the bfg atko, but I use my trucks off road and the other two just have better bite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom