Top Shot Season 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spec Ops guys are "special" - if you don't have a relative you don't know how they are. Let me put it this way - you don't join elite murder squad because you like to travel and long walks on a beach. I know "murder" sounds harsh - but what else do you call a killing-on-command. Just to be considered, you need to have proper psychopath mentality.

I am not bashing spec ops guys, nor I am excusing Jake's behavior - I'm just saying that it's an overlook on producers' part - SEAL mentality is not exactly family show compatible. Add camera 24/7 - and you got recipe for a disaster. Last season George was camera-clown, Jake is not a clown. The fact that he just said "f* it" and walked away is probably in everybody's best interest.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wait... news to me but he's not with UNH anymore. That was his team that was shown during Top Shot but as of Sept, 2011 he's now part of the Bryant Bulldogs:

"Now that the show has been filmed, Zweig is currently serving an internship with the Oakland Raiders coaching staff as part of the NFL Bill Walsh minority internship program."

http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/Coaches/Jake_Zweig

Get a load of this:

"Currently on the Bryant University coaching staff and reunited with his former coach, Marty Fine, from the Naval Academy Prep School, Coach Zweig is challenging the Bulldog defensive cadre to stretch for ambitious goals and re-define their knowledge of the game and themselves. Zweig expanded his own perspective of football earlier this year by participating in the NCAA Expert Coaches Academy in Orlando, Florida. After the coaches academy, Zweig was selected for the National Football League's Bill Walsh Minority Fellowship with the Oakland Raiders, during which gained valuable experience with the Oakland defensive line and special teams staff and players.
Coach Zweig took a brief hiatus from football last summer and accepted the History Channel's invitation to compete in the television show “Top Shot.” He earned expert pistol and rifle marksmanship awards in the Navy and sought to showcase the elite Navy SEAL training and esprit de corps. Zweig eagerly competed against law enforcement officers, military snipers, and professional shooters with his usual full-throttle and out-of-the box approach.
"

Showcase the elite Navy SEAL training and esprit de corps?

EAGERLY COMPETED?

Another case of affirmative action success.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I friended Jake on facebook and funny enough he has started blocking/unfriending people who ask why he quit. He apparently is going to sue the company that is making the targets with his face on it.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen the targets with his face on it but thats pretty funny. I don't think his face is copyrighted.

I won't be able to join you all in watching Top Shot tonight because my hotel has like 9 HBO's, one of which is currently taking over their Hist Channel spot. No one knows why. Wont be able to visit this thread til friday now...

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to pull for the local shooter (Chris), I think I'm going to have to go for Dustin, the kid has a great attitude and can apparently shoot anything that is put in his hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom