Top Shot Season 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wait... news to me but he's not with UNH anymore. That was his team that was shown during Top Shot but as of Sept, 2011 he's now part of the Bryant Bulldogs:

"Now that the show has been filmed, Zweig is currently serving an internship with the Oakland Raiders coaching staff as part of the NFL Bill Walsh minority internship program."

http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/Coaches/Jake_Zweig

Get a load of this:

"Currently on the Bryant University coaching staff and reunited with his former coach, Marty Fine, from the Naval Academy Prep School, Coach Zweig is challenging the Bulldog defensive cadre to stretch for ambitious goals and re-define their knowledge of the game and themselves. Zweig expanded his own perspective of football earlier this year by participating in the NCAA Expert Coaches Academy in Orlando, Florida. After the coaches academy, Zweig was selected for the National Football League's Bill Walsh Minority Fellowship with the Oakland Raiders, during which gained valuable experience with the Oakland defensive line and special teams staff and players.
Coach Zweig took a brief hiatus from football last summer and accepted the History Channel's invitation to compete in the television show “Top Shot.” He earned expert pistol and rifle marksmanship awards in the Navy and sought to showcase the elite Navy SEAL training and esprit de corps. Zweig eagerly competed against law enforcement officers, military snipers, and professional shooters with his usual full-throttle and out-of-the box approach.
"

Showcase the elite Navy SEAL training and esprit de corps?

EAGERLY COMPETED?

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the answer is probably that his football team (he was an assistant coach) already knew what we've found out.

BTW, he's not listed on their roster any longer... so dunno what happened but maybe they cut bait with him.

He was according to the old football profile a memeber of Seal Team 8 and also a Naval Academy Grad. Those things don't come easy physically or otherwise. I just can't reconcile those accomplishments with his behavior and character on the show. Seems to be two different people.

Anyway, glad he's gone.

Exactly what I was thinking several people dropped the ball on this cat making it through the Naval Academy and SEAL training, he's got some bad character flaws that seemingly would make him unattractive to the SEALS core values, some old teammates should pay him a visit.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with bringing Mike back. I still would have made Phil compete against Jake. If Jake wasn't there to compete then Phil would obviously win but I would just have him competing against no one and still shoot the challenge for the sake of the fun of it.

Let the others watch and BS and whatever else, a light hearted elimination if you will. If I were Phil I am unsure how I would feel about being eliminated by someone who by all rights should not still be competing.

Agree, the moment Jake left to hopefully see his shrink and work on his many problems, Phil should have automatically won.
The rest is show biz BS to fill the time slot and totally unfair to Phil.
I know I would be pissed off losing a chance at the title and money.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, the moment Jake left to hopefully see his shrink and work on his many problems, Phil should have automatically won.
The rest is show biz BS to fill the time slot and totally unfair to Phil.
I know I would be pissed off losing a chance at the title and money.

I agree with you, but Mr. Teeth said those rules were in place should that happen.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Below is an interesting blurb that someone posted as a comment on one of the recent interview articles with Jake. Read the whole article, it's an in depth interview with Jake. Turns out, he was raised by his grandparents, does pottery, was shot in a driveby as a youth, and attended private school before going to the Naval Academy and all kinds of other interesting things...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/867730-untitled

"As a former Naval Officer, I have a few comments I would like to make. For starters, no, I was not in the Teams. Let me give a little synopsis about what Jake said in the above interview. Stay with me here. My point will take some time to come to light. Jake is a Naval Academy graduate. He wanted to go NAVSPECWAR, however, as he points out in the interview, he couldn't get it right after being commissioned. He had to attend SWOS - Surface Warfare Officer School. SWOS is no walk in the park. More to the point, it is not something for someone who is not interested in pursuing a career on a ship. Jake did it anyway. He took the long way to get what he wanted: NAVSPECWAR Stay with me here. SEAL training is a lengthy evoulution. 25 weeks of BUDS, 28 weeks of SQT (SEAL Qualification Training), and 18 months of PRODEV (professional developement schools) before ever being deployed operationally. Add it up: just over 2 1/2 years. If Jake was selected for NAVSPECWAR in 1997, and got out in May 2001, he wasn't operational very long. My point? NO ONE goes through all of that, especially a Naval Academy grad (they usually are career officers) and gets out of the teams that quickly. He said he wanted to get married. I don't buy it. I can see if he wanted the training to join an outfit like Blackwater to make money as a contractor, but 9/11 hadn't happend yet. There wasn't the demand there has been in recent years for that sort of thing. He didn't go into law enforcement at any level. He was a businessman and coach. There is something Jake isnt telling us, and it isn't pretty. Did you notice on the show, when the former SEAL expert was brought in a couple times how Jake behaved? Look at him in the group. His body language is different. Almost sheepish. I bet Jake's reputation in the teams precedes him. I bet it isn't a good one. Now to give credit where credit is due, I can easily understand how other men would not get along with Jake. I've experienced the same thing. There is an inherit difference in those that have been in the military and those that haven't. Especially a SEAL. However, I still think Jake is full of garbage and not telling his true story"

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HFMIC, you beat me to it. I was gonna post that.

Here's an interesting article. I'm thinking he got the message real quick to check his attitude once assigned to a team, but who knows? There are other hints out there in interviews, which are freaking all over the interweb. He needs that bodybuilder body of his to hold up that big head.

Linky

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the rule was 'in place' but bringing back someone that has lost through elimination doesn't seem right.

Imagine if he goes on to be the overall winner. How can the 'Best' be someone that was previously eliminated?

Anyway, Jake leaving should have ended that elimination and they should move forward. (IMO)

Latest posts

Top Bottom