Topwater Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brandi - Funny you should mention that, I was throwing a red/white propped bait.

For whatever reason I've had better luck with red and white top water lures than anything else. That red and white Jitterbug was my dad's and he swore by it so either it has some mojo or it was his lucky lure cause it was a fish slayer.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up fishing moss and lily pad infested Osage Co ponds using rubber frogs and mice/rat lures. You could see the moss hump up under the rats a couple times before the bass would break through. Top water the last hour of light in summer was good fishing and hard to beat.

I've always had a rubber frog lure in my tackle box and never caught a thing on it, good to know they aren't the gimmick that I always thought they were.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went float tube fishing Friday night with deerslayer in an awesome 10 acre pond. I got schooled in the finer art of Topwater fishing. I caught 4 fish, 2 small bass and 2 crappie, DS caught 10-12 nice bass including one toad that was probably 6 pounds.... We had a great time, thanks for the invite old fart, I'm buying a new tube and a new rod and reel for the next trip, my fishing gear sucks! Deerslayer should change his name to fishslayer, just sayin.

Check your PM

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bassin I have an extra tube AND flippers or kickers depending on your foot size. Sticky will attest to the quality of the lake. The owner indicated that I might be able to use his brushhog to mow any area for us to stay out of the high grass a chiggers.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bassin I have an extra tube AND flippers or kickers depending on your foot size. Sticky will attest to the quality of the lake. The owner indicated that I might be able to use his brushhog to mow any area for us to stay out of the high grass a chiggers.

My feet are almost flippers. I may try and buy a set of flippers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom