Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I’ve had 3 cameras now destroyed by birds pecking holes in the motion detector’s lens I contacted Browning asking 1) can’t some type of protection be designed? Or 2) why not make it so a lens could be easily user replaced. I’ve replaced one before but it’s a delicate operation where the camera is opened up, etc[/QUOTE]

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I’ve had 3 cameras now destroyed by birds pecking holes in the motion detector’s lens I contacted Browning asking 1) can’t some type of protection be designed? Or 2) why not make it so a lens could be easily user replaced. I’ve replaced one before but it’s a delicate operation where the camera is opened up, etc
That’s crazy, because in 30 years of using game cameras in east TX and 20 years in OK, I’ve never had it happen.
You might try some kind of security box. I’ve never used one, but I know a couple guys that have had bears on their leases and used them.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I’ve had 3 cameras now destroyed by birds pecking holes in the motion detector’s lens I contacted Browning asking 1) can’t some type of protection be designed? Or 2) why not make it so a lens could be easily user replaced. I’ve replaced one before but it’s a delicate operation where the camera is opened up, etc
I will call them on Monday and see what they say.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s crazy, because in 30 years of using game cameras in east TX and 20 years in OK, I’ve never had it happen.
You might try some kind of security box. I’ve never used one, but I know a couple guys that have had bears on their leases and used them.
I bet I have a bird like that on at least four pictures a month. Luckily, they don't always make a hole and typically just look at their reflection. It is interesting how locations are different.

I like the box idea but I have so many cameras, that purchase would be hard to hide from the wife.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet I have a bird like that on at least four pictures a month. Luckily, they don't always make a hole and typically just look at their reflection. It is interesting how locations are different.

I like the box idea but I have so many cameras, that purchase would be hard to hide from the wife.
Air rifle?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have pictures of birds in front of my cameras all the time, but to my knowledge, I’ve never had one peck on the lens or sensor. If they have, it’s never been enough to damage either.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boys out for a early morning stroll.

53976487725_fce797dd5b_o.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom