Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of turkeys have white heads?

IMG_5841.jpeg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked this up a while back, and you’re probably right on the eastern edge of the Rio range.
View attachment 510143
Off subject but please note the map above. Do NOT come to Nebraska expecting to shoot a Merriam's unless you are headed to the far northwest corner. I know many a out of state hunters who were seriously disappointed they didn't do their homework before coming.

Turkey hunting in Nebraska is good, but its a hybridized mess the birds I shoot here on the eastern part of the state often have traits from Merriams, Rios, AND Easterns. LOL

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off subject but please note the map above. Do NOT come to Nebraska expecting to shoot a Merriam's unless you are headed to the far northwest corner. I know many a out of state hunters who were seriously disappointed they didn't do their homework before coming.

Turkey hunting in Nebraska is good, but its a hybridized mess the birds I shoot here on the eastern part of the state often have traits from Merriams, Rios, AND Easterns. LOL
Thanks for the info. I had read the same on a turkey hunting forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom