Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it but the cows at our place would love to knock that over.
I’m not supposed to have cows on any of my places, but after having the neighbor’s cows up there trespassing and tearing stuff up, I had to build cages.
IMG_1219.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No cows on any of my places but one and the lessee didn't tell me he was putting them on for winter grazing last winter. I went over there yesterday to see what the feeders need to get back into operation and found the one the cows destroyed and stomped into the ground. I was a little upset knowing he has my phone number, knows I had a feeder there, hunted there and never let me know he was putting cows on it.
We are going to have a real heart to heart discussion pretty quick when his lease comes due.
Typically I just drive a T-post in the ground and have one of the T-post adaptors to mount the cam to.
Speaking of that, I'm missing a cam as well and the T-post. Hopefully he has them. It wasn't a cell cam so one I had to travel to.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Spartan cell cameras since 2010, and I still have two of my original 2g cameras in the field taking picture. Those things were bullet proof. The 3g cameras were pretty much a train wreck, but I stuck with them. The current 4g cameras started out great, and I thought they got their chit together. However, right now out of my 5 cameras, 2 are unusable because they are “false triggering” and taking pictures every two minutes 24 hours a day. I’m going to contact customer support on Monday, but they have pissed me off when I have talked to them in the past.
I have one Tactacam, and though I hate their app, the camera has been perfect so far. Depending on how the call to Spartan CS goes, I may be scrapping two cameras and buying more Tactacams.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been using Spartan cell cameras since 2010, and I still have two of my original 2g cameras in the field taking picture. Those things were bullet proof. The 3g cameras were pretty much a train wreck, but I stuck with them. The current 4g cameras started out great, and I thought they got their chit together. However, right now out of my 5 cameras, 2 are unusable because they are “false triggering” and taking pictures every two minutes 24 hours a day. I’m going to contact customer support on Monday, but they have pissed me off when I have talked to them in the past.
I have one Tactacam, and though I hate their app, the camera has been perfect so far. Depending on how the call to Spartan CS goes, I may be scrapping two cameras and buying more Tactacams.
We bought one of the new solar panels and one of the lithium battery packs. ‘Theoretically’ one should never have to touch this cam for years. It’s an experiment to test the pack and panel.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought one of the new solar panels and one of the lithium battery packs. ‘Theoretically’ one should never have to touch this cam for years. It’s an experiment to test the pack and panel.
The only solar panel/battery pack I’d buy at this point is the Herd360. My two have been powering cameras with no AA’s for at least a year or two without a problem. My Tactacam is the SK model with the lithium battery and a solar panel built onto it, and it’s still holding a charge really well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only solar panel/battery pack I’d buy at this point is the Herd360. My two have been powering cameras with no AA’s for at least a year or two without a problem. My Tactacam is the SK model with the lithium battery and a solar panel built onto it, and it’s still holding a charge really well.
Wish I would have bought more SKs, only have the one but it's been flawless for three years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom