• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Trailer frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I learned how to "weld" when I was 12 with a coat hanger and Oxygen and Acetylene.
Bicycle pedals kept breaking off stripping out and dad welded them on 2 ti8mes and 3rd time he said you seen how it was done go do it yourself.
They never broke off after I welded them on.

I was 19 when i decided I needed a trailer and a buddy had an AC DC Lincoln stick welder and 6011 rod.
I found a 10 bolt posi track rearend in a field that was next to a station wagon and had leaf springs on it.
In the same field there was some 8" I beam.

I decided I would try to stick weld and built the strongest 4x8 trailer around.
Never broke.

If you want to come over here for an hour I have scrap and 2 different welders a Mig and an AC Lincoln 225.
I have 2 helmets and can show you how to weld.
My wife got it on first try then said so basically you are melting 3 metals together with the 3rd one being the welding rod.

I said yep. and she laid the perfect bead and said that was easy and walked back inside the house.

I showed her 1 time how to filet catfish and she did a big mess of them that day and never again.
She did it perfectly.
I may take you up on that soon, I would certainly appreciate it. I already have my own shield and gauntlets, so I’m prepared. Did a little welding here and there on heavy equipment in a previous life, just need some actual technical direction.

The Lincoln 140 is a decent starter machine but being 110V only you might find it lacks if your trying to get good penetration on thicker metal. The miller would be a great all around machine but the price tag might be a little high for most people.

You might take a good look at the HF stuff. After the AC225 was stolen from a jobsite (the employee knew better then to of left it there) I bought a harbor freight Titanium 225 to get the job done. The guys love the little thing. Ive offered to get another Lincoln and ive been told not to worry about it.

really, that good? I was worried that they were garbage like the vast majority of the other stuff they sell.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ya been selling some stuff on CL and you have to like it or not First With The Cash Wins. Made one guy mad because he said he would be here tomorrow but another guy showed up that day. If you hold it you can get burnt, if you don't you make some mad.

I was going to put the welder on CL for $150.00 but figured I would offer it here as a deal for someone that needs it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Ya been selling some stuff on CL and you have to like it or not First With The Cash Wins. Made one guy mad because he said he would be here tomorrow but another guy showed up that day. If you hold it you can get burnt, if you don't you make some mad.

I was going to put the welder on CL for $150.00 but figured I would offer it here as a deal for someone that needs it.
I have nothing nice to say about my experiences today, I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Did you tell the guy it was 'first with the cash', or did he have reason to think you were holding it for him?

Just curious.
:drunk2:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's tough, he sent me an email saying he would be here the next day, I was probably in the wrong by not expressing the first come first served policy I thought most everyone understands when dealing on CL.

Problem is more than half those that say they will be on such and such day end up being no shows. I have been there having an item sold before I was able to get it, it's disappointing but it is what it is.

Now I state in the add that the first one shows up with the cash wins. Really do not know of a better way to handle it. If it wasn't for the no shows everything would be great.

PS: Am dealing with an OSA member on another item, he told me he couldn't pick it up till x date but offered to go ahead and pay for it via PayPal. I ended up telling him just to send a token deposit and I would hold it. Everybody happy...

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well, I’m gonna buy a welder and make the trailer from scratch. I have lots of projects to practice on before I go get wild. I was thinking yesterday and realized there’s probably 6 different projects I could make if I had a welder, as opposed to buying them. Just two of the projects would save me enough to pay for a cheap welder.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Well, I’m gonna buy a welder and make the trailer from scratch. I have lots of projects to practice on before I go get wild. I was thinking yesterday and realized there’s probably 6 different projects I could make if I had a welder, as opposed to buying them. Just two of the projects would save me enough to pay for a cheap welder.
You will never regret buying one !! I also have a small acetylene torch kit I have worn smooth out !! Prolly need to quit buying guns and gun parts long enough to get enough money to upgrade..... Not likely but hey I always say I coulda :cool:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0

If you need help with welding or fabrication, I can explain as much as possible through text or phone call.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Make sure whatever you get is a 220 welder, 110 volt welders are cheap but will limit what you can do. If you have a dryer plug you can make an extension cord plug adaptor to reach the welder. If you have room in your breaker box it isn't that hard to add a dual breaker and mount a receptical close to the breaker box.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy at least three angle grinders and a chop saw. Angle grinders are for, wire brush, cutoff disk and of course grinder. They are cheap and will save you allot of tool changes. The Chopsaw is an inexpensive way to cut most anything you will run into, noisy dirty and loud but they work.
Goog luck you will have allot of fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom