Training at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you had bad experiences with their range counter? Please tell if you can...

It used to be if the guys knew you they would "over look" some things that you would be doing on the range, like shooting fast and drawing from a holster. Not so much now.....

That is also what makes Wills classes such a good deal is you really get to do "real world" stuff!!!

Also the instructors (I'm one of them) are Very good with new shooters and ladies, the have a very structured range procedure that keeps every one safe and comfortable.

Hope to see y'all there.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just whatever you do don't let Will and Prdator take you aside. You will never be the same. :rubhands:

Its been something like 4-5 years since I took my first class with will. I've been off and on in his classes since then. retreads are worth every penny.

After his first class my confidence level with a handgun increased considerably. My groups tightened up. my follow up shots were closer together.

If you don't like the gun counter at H&H there is a bonus, when you take wills class you don't have to deal with them. You are shooting after hours on Sunday under as controlled of an environment as they can make. Lynn will be all over you like the media on a republican politician scandal. She has eyes in the back of her head.

The instructors, well except for Prdator who is always day dreaming, are 100% attentive to each students needs and for lack of better term, short comings. You will not regret the investment.

I'll be attending his New Years Resolution class in January.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken classes from a long list of trainers and continue to shoot with Will every chance I get which unfortunately hasn't been enough lately

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just whatever you do don't let Will and Prdator take you aside. You will never be the same

The instructors, well except for Prdator who is always day dreaming,

I'll be attending his New Years Resolution class in January.

H'mmm So picking on the instructor WILL get you taken aside!!! :nutkick:

:laugh6:

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might as well recommend these classes as well.

I've only been able to take the first two handgun classes, but was very impressed with the quality of instruction, environment, and results I've seen in my own shooting. I also plan on taking the rest of the handgun classes (as well as a couple retreads) as soon as my work schedule allows.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It used to be if the guys knew you they would "over look" some things that you would be doing on the range, like shooting fast and drawing from a holster. Not so much now.....

I've taken Will's classes....A+ stuff. But the above comment concerns me.

I don't shoot there often, but when I do I always practice drawing from a holster. I had no idea it was against 'the rules'....at least since the last time I actually read the whole 'rule list' years ago.

What good is a gun range that doesn't allow that? I'll have to reevaluate my membership if drawing from a holster is actually going to be a problem the next time I show up.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I was told about 7 weeks ago when I went there the last time.

They have a new range manager who has changed some things. One of those things is no drawing from the holster, period. According to the range staff this applies to LE and everyday joes, no exceptions. Things like classes and IPSC are separate entities and therefore exempt. Sort of like only being allowed to fire one round every two seconds but you can rent a machine gun... :hithead:

Here's my take on it. I work at an indoor shooting range myself and I've done so for about 5 years. I understand why the rules are there and I am all too familiar with the level of mind-numbing stupidity that can walk through the door disguised as a paying customer. I get that.

I used to go to H&H every so often and take my AR.22 and a sling. After 10 minutes of talking in circles with the range staff I would finally obtain permission to do whatever I came there to work on.

Them: No, you can't draw from the holster and/or transition from a longarm to a pistol unless you specifically ask us for permission.

Me: That is what I am trying to do. Do I have permission to work from the holster and/or practice transitions from a longarm?

Them: No, you can't do that without getting special permission from the range staff.

Me:[Broken External Image]

My problems lies in the inconsistency and attitude of the range staff. I know some of them, they are great people. These are the folks I've been seeking out for the last three years any time I have to go in there. When another person on the staff wants to come in to a situation they are not involved in, start making up rules on the fly and then begin threatening to 'throw me out of the range' I take notice. At this point I will not shoot at H&H if there is any way around it. I'll even wait 6 or 7 weeks for a trip back to Wichita to work at my home range and shoot there.

Prdator: this has happened several times other than the one you were there for.

Cyberslider: from shooting with the some of the guys who do the training at H&H I can honestly tell you anything they are involved in is good stuff. The fellows know their business. You will take a LOT home from the training.

After working at an indoor range myself I've become allergic to the ******** that infests most of them. For this reason I want little to do with H&H. Hope this helps.

Ek

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took a class last night. As everyone said, Will and company are great. Good material as well. I honestly learned a lot and more importantly, I unlearned a lot of bad habits.

Note to self for re-tread, don't run an Ol'Yellerized competition trigger (cool points UP) while having magazines backwards inside carrier (cool points DOWN). :smash:

Latest posts

Top Bottom