Trapping a critter...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I meant is the critter toucing your bait?
If he's consuming your bait without getting caught, you've got an easy problem to fix.
When you catch him, bring him down here. I wanna do a post mortem on him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was confused about. Badgers stink but they don't look like tailless skunks, neither do they smell much worse than skunks.
If you have a creature that smells worse than a skunk, call NASA.
They'll come in with has-mat suits.
If it really smelled worse than a skunk, I'm not sure you'd be alive to tell about it.
In any case, good luck and faire forward. I, for one, am prayin for you.

this is my thinking as well. A badger is about three times the size of a big skunk. They do have a tail, although not as big as a skunks. Badger can be very vicious if cornered. Ask me how I know.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A skunk would have been trapped by now.
They are pretty easy to trap. I know this is a stupid question, and beat me up if it makes you feel better, but have you only seen this critter at night?
If so, and using your description of digging around the skirting, I'm thinking an armadillo? Skunks don't dig. Well, they will when in the trap, but normally they don't dig a hole.
I'm sure you know what a diller is, but under the influence of some great Glen Livet or Crown Royal, the image could have been "distorted"?:sorry1:
Dillers aren't hard to trap either. If this is what it is, let us know.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A skunk would have been trapped by now.
They are pretty easy to trap. I know this is a stupid question, and beat me up if it makes you feel better, but have you only seen this critter at night?
If so, and using your description of digging around the skirting, I'm thinking an armadillo? Skunks don't dig. Well, they will when in the trap, but normally they don't dig a hole.
I'm sure you know what a diller is, but under the influence of some great Glen Livet or Crown Royal, the image could have been "distorted"?:sorry1:
Dillers aren't hard to trap either. If this is what it is, let us know.

Do armadillos squeal? I've never known one to make a sound except when they hit the grille or front bumper of a car. I haven't seen an armadillo around here in a while, though. The only "pest" I let survive is opossums, just because they are nature's garbage disposal.

It's funny how I've got Morgan trained. She's gotten to where she barks at the things I need to kill at night (or she hasn't seen me kill), and stays quiet about the opossums and the neighbor's dog. I think she just wants to see a flash and a bang from a boomstick.

And I was completely sober when I saw the "thing", albeit my eyes weren't adjusted.

We have lots of ground squirrels and other diggers around here, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom