Trapping a critter...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In veggie meat's defense I am stumped what exactly it is. Although I haven't seen it. I stopped by today and helped him with trap set up. We set it up next to hole and I told him to leave a scent trail with sardine drippings into the trap. And put the can of fish in the trap. We covered the live trap with black plastic to hopefully remove a skunk without being sprayed. If it hasn' t been caught in the morning I have leg hold traps that can be used. With the pets and being the crawl space under his house I wanted to use the leghold traps at last resort.
If it is a skunk it will be caught in the morning. If its a badger it will probably take a leghold trap.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what's making me think it's not a skunk. Should have had him. Skunks are super easy to trap, they can't resist tuna/sardines/cat food.

My dad worked with a guy that offered to buy him lunch for every skunk he caught near his shop building. He got a couple free lunches a week for a while, that place was a skunk mecca.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you didnt hear anything I wonder if the animal hasn't left. Poke several tooth picks upright in the ground in front of the opening. Lets try and see if something is still using it. It could be that a skunk ate some of that rat poison and has died and you are still smelling it but it has died since you had last heard it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you didnt hear anything I wonder if the animal hasn't left. Poke several tooth picks upright in the ground in front of the opening. Lets try and see if something is still using it. It could be that a skunk ate some of that rat poison and has died and you are still smelling it but it has died since you had last heard it.

Will do. Thank you for your help, by the way!

some one should have put up a trail cam at the get go

I would've if I had one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom