Trump for Pres?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion, we could use a BUSINESSMAN (or woman) to run this country back outta the ground. Shoot I think that just about anyone could run against the current "president" and clean his clock this cycle. He has said that he'll put his money where his mouth is.

He has that cocky American swagger that makes me proud to be an American and not ashamed. I wonder if he would insite our allies to anger and side with our advesaries?

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he would be the best President but I don't think he would be the worst either. If it came down to him and Obama, I would vote for him without hesitation. Hopefully he could get us back on track but who really knows. As of now I'd like Ron Paul to be President but I don't see that happening right now. I can't say who I really like other than Ron Paul I need to look more into it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole problem with this is that people would have to go to the polls and vote for him.
NOT gonna happen. This is the problem with the entire Republican field as it exists today.
Romney? The most electable but he also invented "Obama Care."
Palin? Newt? Trump? (I'm not sure that Trump is stupid enough to seriously run for president)
The only Republican out there that could possibly beat Obama is someone you never heard of.
Rubio? Prolly not.
Resign yourselves to four more years of the Obama Dictatorship.

Edit: This is the cue for the late nite conservatives to chime in with some year old stuff from Rasmussen reports.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole problem with this is that people would have to go to the polls and vote for him.
NOT gonna happen. This is the problem with the entire Republican field as it exists today.
Romney? The most electable but he also invented "Obama Care."
Palin? Newt? Trump? (I'm not sure that Trump is stupid enough to seriously run for president)
The only Republican out there that could possibly beat Obama is someone you never heard of.
Rubio? Prolly not.
Resign yourselves to four more years of the Obama Dictatorship.

Edit: This is the cue for the late nite conservatives to chime in with some year old stuff from Rasmussen reports.

Don't need Rasmussen for this one. If the economy really picks up and Obama does not screw up any worse then he already has, he will be re-elected.

If the economy is still bad or takes another dip, it does not matter who the Republicans run, Obama will lose.

The incumbent always wins unless the economy is really bad and/or they are seen as a really weak president. In the last several cycles each prez gets 8 years then it switches to the other party unless he makes one of those two fatal mistakes. Then he will only get 4 years before it switches parties.

The talking heads can blabber on about ideals, etc, but it always comes down to how the public feels about the economy. If they and their family are doing OK and most of their friends are doing OK, they will vote for who ever is in office. If not, they will vote for the other person.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama's got four more years in the bag. The Republicans don't have anyone, and seem as disorganized as they can be. Obama also has the media on his side, who will spin the economy (and anything else negative) in his favor, and roast anyone who dares to run against him. I can't stand the guy, but we're stuck with him.

And yes - I'd much rather have a business man in office than a "chicken hawk" or another "community organizer". We need a whole lot more fiscal responsibility and a whole lot fewer unnecessary wars. At least a business man might give us a shot at some semblance of fiscal responsibility. The one thing I like about Trump is he's the only one who seems to have any balls; he may have too many negatives, but I admire his ability to call things like he sees them - at least to some degree, and from what I've heard him say.

I'd vote for anyone with good money-sense, and good common sense. Unfortunately there are too few of those types in politics. Be nice to have someone who was as politically incorrect as they are able, too. But honesty never got anyone elected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom