Trump pardoned former sheriff Joe Arpaio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my....come on guys ...lets agree to disagree, ....I am late for school third grade teacher gets mad at me if late. No more political discussing here for me.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my....come on guys ...lets agree to disagree, ....I am late for school third grade teacher gets mad at me if late. No more political discussing here for me.

Oh honey ... lol ... you ain't seen nothing yet. Only difference in men and boys is their toys. But the attitude NEVER changes ... :sunbath:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

You'll find that most here won't do that. As far as I know, not one OSA member's political views have changed due to a thread where blatant facts were posted.............because then the facts get debated, and source of the facts get debated..........and it goes on and on. Second verse, same as the first.........third verse, same as the first, fourth verse, same as the first. You get the idea now, welcome to OSA :)

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....I did not say he was innocent, he was found guilty. Pardoned I say the pardon was just ...for the crime, or should he have been sentenced to years hard labor ?
Given that the maximum sentence was only six months, I'm going to go with "no." But then, that inconvenient fact is probably another "liberal lie," so why bother considering it?

This country has a bad habit of not applying the rule of law blind. Untouchables sport, movie types the political class, seem to get a pass more then a guy stealing a loaf of bread. All are criminals if they break the law.
No. Illegal immigration is generally a civil offense, not a criminal one. We've already established that. Go back and re-read post no. 26:
...a federal judge in Phoenix entered a preliminary injunction against Arpaio and the sheriff’s office, noting that “states do not have the inherent authority to enforce the civil provisions of federal immigration law” [emphasis added]. He ordered Arpaio to stop detaining anyone not suspected of a state or federal crime — simply being in the U.S. illegally is not a crime, only a civil violation.
Note that the material in the quotation marks (including my boldface) is the language of the Court. One presumes the Court has at least a passing familiarity with the law...and that if not, the mistake would have been fixed on appeal.

Face it: they're not criminals. Don't like it? There's a thread over in Politics with information on how to contact your state and federal representatives. Change the law; don't ignore it.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll find that most here won't do that. As far as I know, not one OSA member's political views have changed due to a thread where blatant facts were posted.............because then the facts get debated, and source of the facts get debated..........and it goes on and on. Second verse, same as the first.........third verse, same as the first, fourth verse, same as the first. You get the idea now, welcome to OSA :)

God ain't it the truth!! Now she knows why I told Dave not to cherry pick (not that it did any good). He NEVER minds ... :bolt:

:pms2:

:respect:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was that a confirmed team swap? If so I stand corrected :)

I don't have any peer-reviewed papers, or dubious "journalistic" source, to back up my position but I recall several posts made by Mr. Books after "the change" that lead me to believe he was not the man he claimed to have become ... :hey3:

Anecdotal evidence, yes, but evidence which leads to the establishment of mens rea ...

:blush:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...mmmmmm....perhaps some of these people should have these ..."civil provisions" violators move in next to them...maybe they would think more of a criminal element ....simply being in the U.S. illegally is not a crime, only a civil violation.....again, your tax dollars at work.

Guess I'll have to check what "civil provisions"...are available for me to ignore........wonder how that will work out for me, an American tax payer ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom