Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen Red Castles indoor range mentioned, it is free I believe to members and is located just off 11th. just east of Utica I think. it is only open a few hours twice a week and I think is limited to .22 thru .38, lead bullets only, maybe another member can correct me if I am wrong, they would be open a lot more if they had more volunteers to open and close it. I know they are trying to get approval from the city for the air handlers and when they get that I think you will be able to shoot most any pistol except for the really big magnums.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not seen Red Castles indoor range mentioned, it is free I believe to members and is located just off 11th. just east of Utica I think. it is only open a few hours twice a week and I think is limited to .22 thru .38, lead bullets only, maybe another member can correct me if I am wrong, they would be open a lot more if they had more volunteers to open and close it. I know they are trying to get approval from the city for the air handlers and when they get that I think you will be able to shoot most any pistol except for the really big magnums.

That's open?! I should pay more attention to my newsletter. When I'm done with finals I should take the Hi Standard for a spin.

Shooting outside isn't a huge deal for me (trapshooters in Chicago shoot in anything; I remember shooting Annie Oakleys in -5 degree wind chill when I was 14 or so) but I'd prefer being inside in the winter.

bike82

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am a newbie shooter in Tulsa. I have a membership at TF, because of the convenience factor, but it is definitely expensive. With that said, what ranges do you fellas suggest?

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a newbie shooter in Tulsa. I have a membership at TF, because of the convenience factor, but it is definitely expensive. With that said, what ranges do you fellas suggest?

Happy Hollow is alright for a public range, so long as you don't need to shoot more often than once every 3 seconds. Don is a nice guy and it's outside.

If you shoot at least once a month, Red Castle is cheaper than Happy Hollow, not to mention that the facilities are better. The plinking range alone is worth it. If blowing up a milk jug with a shotgun doesn't brighten your day then you're probably a communist.

Clubs I don't have direct experience with:
USSA is supposed to have an awesome setup but their prices are a little steep for me. Sand Springs is supposed to be a good value but last I checked they had a waiting list for membership. Oil Capitol is an equity club, so there's a big initial buy-in but your dues after that are really cheap. Tulsa Gun Club has better skeet & trap facilities than Red Castle but, alas, no plinking range.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I win the lottery; Tulsa will have a state of the art indoor range.

Give the money to Red Castle. They're already most of the way there on an indoor range. Use the rest of the money to furnish rental pistols:

- Browning Hi Powers
- Lots of Sigs, but especially Sig P210s
- Genuine GI-issue 1911s, as John Moses Browning intended
- Smith and Wesson revolvers, all pre-lock. This shall include a Model 29, but you can only rent it if you can do the "I know what you're thinking, punk...'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" from memory in a passable Clint Eastwood voice.
- Hi-Standard Supermatics and Hammerli Trailsides for 22s

Latest posts

Top Bottom