Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to sound like a fanboy of TF but ive never had a problem with them.

i realize that their prices are more than what youd get at other places but its the only place in tulsa that you can shoot indoors. also the only place in tulsa that i know of that you can rent a gun and shoot it before you buy it.

ive been a member there for almost 2 years now and always enjoy my experience. they are always nice, especially the old man in the cowboy getup.

the only one i steer clear of is the ccw instructor because hes always a grumpy bastard. everyone else is friendly and easy to get along with.

but i guess id rather have a friendly experience than a cheaper experience.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but i guess id rather have a friendly experience than a cheaper experience.

I've been leery of that place ever since one of the employees gave me a lecture on why I shouldn't vote for Obama, since apparently everyone under 25 votes Democrat. I had short hair back then too!

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why all the TF hate all the time? It's a waste of energy to relentlessly cast aspersions every time they come up.

They're a good place for practice. They're centrally located and you'd have to shoot more than four times a month to make any other local indoor range price-competitive.

For other needs, I go elsewhere.

--------

As they say, if you're young and don't vote Democrat, you have no heart; if you're old and don't vote Republican, you have no brain. ;)

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As they say, if you're young and don't vote Democrat, you have no heart; if you're old and don't vote Republican, you have no brain. ;)

It has nothing to do with how I voted. The following things bother me:

1) If you're at work, representing your company, you keep politics to yourself and do your job.
2) Making assumptions about my political affiliation based on my age/hair length is profiling. Which is wrong. :D

The guy's pretty nice otherwise, but that one thing bothered me. Actually I don't really have problems with any of the staff, or the facilities. The prices are just too steep.

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i'm not saying i hate it, and i agree with some others that say if they are still in business, then they must be doing something right.

My original complaint was just that I seemed to have a lot more freedom (but still shoot safely) at H&H. At HH I could switch from my AR to my .45 to anything else for one price. And I could bring the target as close or as far as I wanted.

Also I am openly suggesting that TF have some better price incentive for first time shooters who aren't sure if they want to fork over an actual membership fee.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other indoor range is medlocks in collinsville.I went to medlocks a few months back, cost was $15 per person unlimited shooting time..People are nice but its pretty pricey compared to red caastles $10 a month..But I really wanted to shoot and so did my wife and it was raining out that week to go to the regular range. I payed for convenience.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other indoor range is medlocks in collinsville.I went to medlocks a few months back, cost was $15 per person unlimited shooting time..People are nice but its pretty pricey compared to red caastles $10 a month..But I really wanted to shoot and so did my wife and it was raining out that week to go to the regular range. I payed for convenience.

thats pretty much why TF is still around.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my father and i were both members for a few years till i realised i paid $75 for a membership then had to pay a $10 range fee every time i went. I was going at least every other week if not every week so that added up to around $375 to just use the range. i have decided i will be getting a membership to the shooting academy where i can use all of there ranges and it is a lot nicer of an environment and staff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom