Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I believe that there are a number of people here that have been turned off by Tulsa Firearms ridiculous policies or prices. I think that they cater to people that don't shoot often or really just don't know any better.
I can honestly say that I deal with a broad spectrum of people aswell. The only person I know that has a Tulsa Firearms membership, shoots once or twice a year.

70 or so votes on a forum that openly dislikes TFA is not a real representation in my mind.

Well Gee whiz SS, why do think that is? :D Do you believe their policies, attitudes, and prices are reasonable?

It's not a REAL representation in your mind because it's not what you want to see. Currently this is the only shooting community website available in the Tulsa area is it not?

What the result showed me is that the vast majority of the shooters here prefer to shoot outside, and are looking for something that an indoor range doesn't provide.

Great, shall we start another poll? I would wager if there was a range like H&H here in Tulsa that it would do quite well. Or we can start the same poll for the OKC peeps to show that there are a TON of people that commute to H&H. Just a hunch from living in Norman for awhile but I could be wrong.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I believe that there are a number of people here that have been turned off by Tulsa Firearms ridiculous policies or prices. I think that they cater to people that don't shoot often or really just don't know any better.
I can honestly say that I deal with a broad spectrum of people aswell. The only person I know that has a Tulsa Firearms membership, shoots once or twice a year.

Well Gee whiz SS, why do think that is? :D Do you believe their policies, attitudes, and prices are reasonable?

It's not a REAL representation in your mind because it's not what you want to see. Currently this is the only shooting community website available in the Tulsa area is it not?

Great, shall we start another poll? I would wager if there was a range like H&H here in Tulsa that it would do quite well. Or we can start the same poll for the OKC peeps to show that there are a TON of people that commute to H&H. Just a hunch from living in Norman for awhile but I could be wrong.

I don't like TFA, I really had no predisposed idea of what I would see in the results. I am surprised Medlocks didn't get more votes, I'm not surprised that RCGC scored so high, I'm actually surprised that TFA got as many votes as it did. Every thread started here about TFA turns into a bash fest(not undeserved) so I suspect many are reluctant to admit they shoot there.

I find it interesting that only 70 or so people voted if our forum is so wide reaching. I can't see where 7 active shooters keeps TFA or Medlocks in business. So I don't think you can make a good assessment based on this data other than the vast majority like to shoot outside or are looking for something that an indoor range doesn't provide.

I suspect an OKC poll will show similar results, there will be a larger number that shoot at H+H but I would bet the numbers still lean towards shooting outdoors.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot Summ, you're forgetting that I allowed multiple choices in the poll. If someone felt that they shot outdoors for certain reasons, and inside for others, then they could honestly vote both.

Now surely there are more than 7 people keeping TFA in business, but I would still wager that those people are relatively new to the shooting world. Maybe, like I said I just prefer an H&H style range that is relatively dynamic opposed to ones that are relatively restrictive. It seems that the more someone shoots, they follow that same type of philosophy.

Medlocks is a new range and has just as many shooters on this board apparently, that says something to me.

Now surely OKC would show a similar demographic, but do you think H&H would get more than 10% of the votes?

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot Summ, you're forgetting that I allowed multiple choices in the poll. If someone felt that they shot outdoors for certain reasons, and inside for others, then they could honestly vote both.

Now surely there are more than 7 people keeping TFA in business, but I would still wager that those people are relatively new to the shooting world. Maybe, like I said I just prefer an H&H style range that is relatively dynamic opposed to ones that are relatively restrictive. It seems that the more someone shoots, they follow that same type of philosophy.

Medlocks is a new range and has just as many shooters on this board apparently, that says something to me.

Now surely OKC would show a similar demographic, but do you think H&H would get more than 10% of the votes?

GM....I tried to vote for more than 1 and could not. When I rentered to vate again all I got were results...

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We don't necessarily disagree, I just don't think you can make a significant conclusion about indoor ranges from the data other than the votes lean towards outdoor ranges. That's really the distinct difference.

You can make alot of assumptions beyond that but I'm not sure they would be accurate.

Most don't like TFA, most really like Medlocks, they scored the same. I suspect Medlocks is more a distance issue just as TFA gets votes for being close. In the same perspective though RCGC scores highest and it is further away than Medlocks.

I would love to see a range the caliber of H+H in Tulsa, and I suspect we would see a migration of the votes but I still suspect outdoors would win.

OKC might show different results for outdoors as I don't think they have anything the caliber of RCGC or USSA?

Just my .02

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can make alot of assumptions beyond that but I'm not sure they would be accurate.

I wasn't the one making initial assumptions. This poll started with this statement...

you would be surprised how many folks actually like TFA....

Quite simply, I merely posted a poll to provide some results behind your theory. Now when I hear someone say "like" I take that to mean in the same ballpark of acceptance as H&H. However, this poll didn't provide those results.

If multiple choices were not allowed then I apologize, it is my error.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot at Rec castle and sometimes Tulsa Firearms..Redcastle its pretty much mind your own business if your being safe..Tulsa Firearms is nice becuase its indoors but got "talked to" for double taps so expect some supervision. Also TF tried to charge me for a pistol inspection I didnt ask for, all he did was rack the slide back and dry fire it all this work for $10..They didn tell me they were charging this until I finished shooting and about to leave. Either way both are fine ranges but Red castle is my favorite.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't the one making initial assumptions. This poll started with this statement...

Quite simply, I merely posted a poll to provide some results behind your theory. Now when I hear someone say "like" I take that to mean in the same ballpark of acceptance as H&H. However, this poll didn't provide those results.

If multiple choices were not allowed then I apologize, it is my error.

So using your logic that the results were a sign of "liking" a range then Medlocks, USSA, and Oil Capital are not well "liked" either, at least on this forum.

If you really wanted to disprove what you perceive as my theory then you should have posted a poll with 2 options, 1) do you like TFA? 2) do you dislike TFA? Otherwise as I stated early on you don't really have conclusive data other than it appears people like to shoot outside at RCGC over any other facility.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So using your logic that the results were a sign of "liking" a range then Medlocks, USSA, and Oil Capital are not well "liked" either, at least on this forum.

If you really wanted to disprove what you perceive as my theory then you should have posted a poll with 2 options, 1) do you like TFA? 2) do you dislike TFA? Otherwise as I stated early on you don't really have conclusive data other than it appears people like to shoot outside at RCGC over any other facility.
Actually, here is another assumption that YOU are making.
1. RCGC got more votes than any other. I voted RCGC first assuming that I had multiple votes. Otherwise my vote would have been for USSA
2. RCGC got more votes .....IN THIS SURVEY..... however I think that you will find that since there is no longer any "Action Pistol" matches there anymore then the "Action Pistol" shooters will migrate to Oil Capitol and USSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom