Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never disputed that TFA sucks, they really do. I'm constantly surprised by the folks that say they shoot there and like it. But the poll doesn't prove they suck(they do that on their own). If there was a wider spread between the numbers it would prove it, all it proves now is that RCGC beats all of the others 2-1.....

It does if you understand what you're looking at. :D I think less than 10% is pretty substantial, again considering the convenience of the range.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At this point we will just have to agree to disagree, you see them one way, I see them another.

Fair enough, maybe it's my scientific background and experience with statistics.... ~10% was never significant or at least enough to even come close for a null hypothesis but hey, it's all a matter of what we see right? Thank god for scientific/statistical standards. YMMV. :D

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough, maybe it's my scientific background and experience with statistics.... ~10% was never significant or at least enough to even come close for a null hypothesis but hey, it's all a matter of what we see right? Thank god for scientific/statistical standards. YMMV. :D

Please explain how statistically these numbers support your theory.

And I would like to also understand how the poll was scientifically, and statistically accurate.

As you've mentioned demographics a number of times please show how they were considered in the scientific/statistical process.

:)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please explain how statistically these numbers support your theory.

And I would like to also understand how the poll was scientifically, and statistically accurate.

As you've mentioned demographics a number of times please show how they were considered in the scientific/statistical process.

:)

Well.... is 9% significant in your world? Yes or no? I'd say that in determining "popularity" that it's not.

It's as accurate as can be on the internet. Can you show bias, error, compromise of null hypothesis? etc, etc. I mean all I have here is still... "well I've talked to some people."

I think the demographics were covered in the title of the poll?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well.... is 9% significant in your world? Yes or no? I'd say that in determining "popularity" that it's not.

It's as accurate as can be on the internet. Can you show bias, error, compromise of null hypothesis? etc, etc. I mean all I have here is still... "well I've talked to some people."

I think the demographics were covered in the title of the poll?

So you can't or wont explain it statistically, that's fine.

Tulsa area is pretty large, 61st and Garnett isn't convenient to the suburbs north, east, and west so the middle of town case doesn't hold weight unless you eliminate the votes from those outside of the immediate Tulsa area.

You sure are gray for a hard core scientific/statistical background guy. :rollingla

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More of a Dog fight...never fight the cat...,play with the cat... :)

I've never disputed that TFA sucks, they really do. I'm constantly surprised by the folks that say they shoot there and like it. But the poll doesn't prove they suck(they do that on their own). If there was a wider spread between the numbers it would prove it, all it proves now is that RCGC beats all of the others 2-1.....

Aww sweetie, just giving you a hard time. :)

I can't stand TFA though.....if you couldn't tell. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom