Tulsa Street Hustles (share ones you've heard here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ridgehunter size does not matter i am 6' tall 290lbs and you just would not beleive all the stuff i get asked for even many in my own church I have even "loaned money" i knew it was not a loan but gift as i would never see it again but never to the same person twice.really ticks me off these ppl able to work keep you from helping some one who really needs it.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when my wife and I were living in OKC, we decided to have some pizza at a mazzio's (bad choice, i know :disappoin). Anyway, some guy saunters in and sits down right at the table next to us. Immediately he starts begging for money. "I'm hungry, I just need something to eat, etc, etc". I was 99.99% sure where this was going. So I called his bluff. I told him "If you're hungry, you pick out anything on that menu up there and I'll get it for you.". Of course, that's not what he wanted, and after mumbling something to the effect of "Damn, just trying to get me a couple beers", he wandered back off.

I'm all for helping a person who's going hungry out, but I will not provide money. If you're in need, I'll provide you with what you need, not the resources to get it, because it's obvious what you do with those resources.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay the last hustle story i heard was i was at the 11th and utica QT(bad place for beggars) and this lady came up giving me this sob story about she had to bury her mother that day and she was just trying to get some gas money to get home to OKC. I gave her like $4 in quarters and she said: "What am I supposed to do with this"? Uhh well if you really needed gas money its $4 it spends.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Only time I've ever been approached was in Houston buying diesel. I'm usually very aware of my surroundings but this lady came up from behind me and caught me off gaurd. She had a face like the lady on the meth posters you see, looked about 50 years older than she was, no teeth. She was babbling something about needing to get a motel room for her kids, she was strung out and hard to understand. Tolder her all my cash was in the bank and we left. She stood in front of our excursion flinging her arms and screaming at us while we drove away. When my dad was still around, he made quite a few trips to Tulsa for business and it happened to him often. He had the best method of getting rid of these people. When the hustler approached, he would act like he didn't hear them until they were really close, he would then act startled, point to his ears and start doing sign language at them:) They were always caught off gaurd and would turn and walk away. Genius.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I try to keep a Powerball ticket in my pocket. I tell them it's worth $25 and I was just headed inside QT to cash it in, but since they are in such a predicament they can have it.

Hook, line, sinker. Have a nice day.

^^^I like this!!! I don't recall more than one person approaching me and I gave her a scowl and a "get a job".

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only bum/begger I've ever wanted to help out was a guy standing on the corner with a sign that said "Why lie, I need a beer". I couldn't help but smile. Couldn't hook him up though because I was in a work truck and didn't have any cash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom