TW reports USSA possible foreclosure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why do you say that? You got a few million to buy the place and pay off the creditors? If you do that would be awesome.

I hope you're right.. I would hate for someone to pay money for a class or membership based on this comment only to have it close later... :(

Really? Come one... I am sure that honoring the current memberships would be a huge priority. Why would they damage themselves by blocking those memberships? Many companies do this... Midas, Meineke, AAMCO to name a few. They keep the places open with current staff and add an accountant to manage purchasing and to watch the banks interest. I wouldn't worry about it, if I am wrong flame away....

greeniii2

Marksman
Reaction score
Really? Come one... I am sure that honoring the current memberships would be a huge priority. Why would they damage themselves by blocking those memberships? Many companies do this... Midas, Meineke, AAMCO to name a few. They keep the places open with current staff and add an accountant to manage purchasing and to watch the banks interest. I wouldn't worry about it, if I am wrong flame away....

Did you ever think GM would file bankruptcy and eliminate billions in shareholder claims? What about Enron? I really don't know of a company that is facing foreclosure that hasn't filed for some type of re-organizational bankruptcy. I am sure they are out there.. But I personally don't know of any..

Unless you has examined the books and have first hand knowledge of their true financial stability, I wouldn't be offering any reassurance.

I hope you both are right.. I'm just suggesting you not publicly offer a reassurance unless you have inspected the books... :hithead:

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did you ever think GM would file bankruptcy and eliminate billions in shareholder claims? What about Enron? I really don't know of a company that is facing foreclosure that hasn't filed for some type of re-organizational bankruptcy. I am sure they are out there.. But I personally don't know of any..

Unless you has examined the books and have first hand knowledge of their true financial stability, I wouldn't be offering any reassurance.

I hope you both are right.. I'm just suggesting you not publicly offer a reassurance unless you have inspected the books... :hithead:

I am personally friends with many of the guys that work there. This isn't Enron inflating value or GM with their legacy costs. It's a local business with a strong following. I shoot there almost every weekend and they have events on the national event calender that they aren't just going to cancel.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot there almost every weekend and they have events on the national event calender that they aren't just going to cancel.

If the insurance lapses...yes they would have to cancel. If payroll isn't met (as the areticle alludes to) how many of your friends can afford to work and train there if they aren't getting paid?

I would like to see ussa's response to the article....also, I didn't see any thing in the tulsa world (as the title of this thread implies) only channel 6...

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this early yesterday on channel 6 but didn't want to post it to bring any type of argument for or against USSA...

However I am a member out there and have spoke to someone, not going to name names, and I am enrolled to take a class the first weekend of October and was told that they will be open and classes will continue as scheduled.

If that was just the correct thing to say at the time, who knows, but I was reassured that training will continue. And I'm looking forward to watching the IDPA Nationals out there at the end of the month.

I hope they make it because it's a great place with great staff and they offer some great training. Plus if they do close I'll be out of a place to shoot since they are 10 minutes from my house!

saryan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are worth far more as a range then we are as land. I could see the bank coming in and making sure money is being spent right. I actually would like it if that happened. Maybe there is a better way to do business? I feel we have finally, after all these years, have a good business plan with our memberships priced right. The bank could say "lock the gates" but I would think they would want us to be successful to pay back the debt we owe. I would actually really like to see a 3rd party come in and look at all outgoing moneys and determine what is good and what is not. We will see what happens. I do know this for sure. We are having the best year we have ever had.....period. Things are looking really good. I hope they stay that way, I really do like my job.

greeniii2

Marksman
Reaction score
We are worth far more as a range then we are as land. I could see the bank coming in and making sure money is being spent right. I actually would like it if that happened. Maybe there is a better way to do business? I feel we have finally, after all these years, have a good business plan with our memberships priced right. The bank could say "lock the gates" but I would think they would want us to be successful to pay back the debt we owe. I would actually really like to see a 3rd party come in and look at all outgoing moneys and determine what is good and what is not. We will see what happens. I do know this for sure. We are having the best year we have ever had.....period. Things are looking really good. I hope they stay that way, I really do like my job.

With dedicated employees like yourself, this will probably be the case. When I visited the facility I was very impressed with the service provided and the condition of the facility.

I hope they can get their business plan fixed and get current.. I took my kids out to see the SWAT Nationals and they had a blast talking with SWAT members from around the World..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom