Twenty-Two Long Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So as my daughter keeps growing (6 now) up instead of staying young I decided it was time to get back into .22's in order to teach her how to shoot. Purchased a 22/45 lite and aac element 2 suppressor combo (I promise its all for her right...) In all my research of the suppressor and gun combo I failed to realize that .22lr is still ridiculously hard to find in stock somewhere, and when it is its either match, or CCI super bullets that are just as expensive as a center-fire cartridge. Of course you can order it online and pay shipping and come in at around .18-.35 cents/ per round (still stupid in my mind). My biggest problem aside from the gougers that are buying it just to turn a profit, Is that it should be readily available. Last report I read from federal is that their plant was producing 1 million rounds of .22lr per day from their factory. So where is the disconnect to the retail side? IDK, maybe my childhood memories of paying $5 for 500rds are asinine.. The round itself is so cheap and easy to make... its so stupid this problem even exists...

rant over...

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was in Sports World on 41st Street and at Jerry's Outdoor on 51st Street, they both had a limited supply of .22 LR in stock. It was not the best price but definitely much better than the gougers.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
if you were in the city, i'd hook you up. some awesome osa member will come along soon to help a kid go shootin!

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been holding off on a 22 pistol and ruger takedown until the ammo is easier to find in stores. Problem is one million rounds isn't going far if you spread it out into 525 bulk packs. I got bored and did a little math. It's only about 200 cases of ammo.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe my childhood memories of paying $5 for 500rds are asinine.. The round itself is so cheap and easy to make... its so stupid this problem even exists...

rant over...

Neither cheap nor easy, else everyone would be making it. Insurance alone must be insane for ammo mfgrs.

Think fondly about $5 per 500. You'll never ever in a hundred years see it that cheap again.

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you bought her a gun you can't find ammo for and a can that makes the sights impossible to see to get back to basics?:bolt:

nah man. can is perfectly profiled with the barrel, sights work great. a quiet gun is easier to teach with, earmuffs on a 6 year olds head... no bueno. dont fit...

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok kewl, I've personally never seen a silencer that didn't obstruct the sights, but I will be looking that one up. Don't forget the subsonic ammo for that pea popper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom