U.S. ambassador to Libya, and 3 others killed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mob is at fault. You still don't get it. Even speech that we might despise has to be protected for the 1st Ammendment to truly.
matter. To suggest that physical violence is a justifiable consequence to someone exercising their right to free speech is
to show your lack of understanding of what free speech is.

No, I get it just fine. I never said he didn’t have the right to make the film, but he shares part of the responsibility for what happened, as he knew damned good and well what the reaction would be. I’ve got the right to burn the flag, but I know what the reaction is going to be....and I don’t blame the crowd entirely for what they do. If you provoke a situation, you’re partly responsible – whether you have the Constitutional right to do it or not. And while physical violence isn’t a justifiable consequence, it can often be a realistic one. Again, actions have consequences.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The film claims Muhammad was a fraud. The 14-minute trailer of the movie that reportedly set off the protests, posted on the website YouTube in an original English version and another dubbed into Egyptian Arabic, shows an amateur cast performing a wooden dialogue of insults disguised as revelations about Muhammad, whose obedient followers are presented as a cadre of goons.

The full film has been shown once, to a mostly empty theater in Hollywood earlier this year, said Bacile.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/...ng-after-u-s-consulate-attacks/#ixzz26HGQ7LhN

OK - at least that clears that up. Thanks.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who do we attack? Who do we go after? Is Libya's new govt responcible?

Cut our losses and leave.

I agree! I'll say this again, we have nothing in that country we really need, including the 1-800 call centers, as far as I am concerned those folks can fend for themselves as I don't give a crap if they starve to death in the dark.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree! I'll say this again, we have nothing in that country we really need, including the 1-800 call centers, as far as I am concerned those folks can fend for themselves as I don't give a crap if they starve to death in the dark.

When are you running for office. I'd vote twice

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hearing suggestions now that the embassy attack was planned all along, and the protests over the movie were a distraction.

Are we really engaging in "blame the victim" here?

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm hearing suggestions now that the embassy attack was planned all along, and the protests over the movie were a distraction.

Are we really engaging in "blame the victim" here?

Could be. Really since when do supposed protesters show up with RPGs etc?

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, I get it just fine. I never said he didn’t have the right to make the film, but he shares part of the responsibility for what happened, as he knew damned good and well what the reaction would be. I’ve got the right to burn the flag, but I know what the reaction is going to be....and I don’t blame the crowd entirely for what they do. If you provoke a situation, you’re partly responsible – whether you have the Constitutional right to do it or not. And while physical violence isn’t a justifiable consequence, it can often be a realistic one. Again, actions have consequences.

There is absolutely no valid argument that make a movie responsible for the actions of murderous
Thugs half a world away. It may have been the catalyst but it was not the cause. The cause of those
deaths was the evil intentions of those that committed the crime. To suggest otherwise is to suggest that those people were not in control of their actions. If you say something that makes somebody mad on the street and me pulls out a gun and shoots your (insert family member here) is suppose you'll
say you had that coming since it was a consequence of your completely harmless words? That's the
Small minded thought that encourages people to do these kinds of things in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom