Uncocking a bolt action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A hard hit on the knob of a Springfield or a Mauser would probably set off a round, though military primers tend to be harder than most commercial primers. Could be one of those "good ideas" that soldiers sometimes come up with . . .

About the Savage accutrigger, there have been problems with some of them, though I don't know specific details. CB

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think uncocking a bolt gun with a loaded round is such a good idea. Doing this when one is SURE that the weapon is cleared (like for storage) is OK but again ... all guns are loaded and one has to be careful with putting their booger finger on said bang switch.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i guess its a unanimous decision then i should quit doing this...
Actually it was my grandpa who showed me that it would uncock the gun but i think i came up with it on my own to do it while sitting in the stand. I didnt typically walk around like that just sitting and usually with gun in safe direction but i never thought about the pin touching the primer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom