Unicorn Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a unicorn hunting trip booked for next season and I'm needing a little help. I'm hoping to bag me a trophy 1 pointer. What round would yall suggest for me to use? I want to make sure I can pierce their golden hearts and drop them on the 1st shot. I hate chasing them through all the rainbows and lollipops (have you ever had to CLEAN rainbows off your hunting gear?!? It sucks! )

So anyway, I appreciate all your help in advance. If you have any other suggestions for Unicorn Hunting please let me know

also, I have been told there is a small chance of running into some late season Smurfs on the trip. What size shot should I use in my .410 for them? Or is a .410 too much? All I know is I have to harvest the better part of a village to be able to make a meal of them, so whatever I use I want to be able to take down several the little blue buggers with each shot.

You've already got a virgin booked, right? As rare as they are these days, I wouldn't advise leaving it till the last minute! I tried hunting unicorn last year with one of those "re-dedicated virgins" and the unicorns were having none of that!

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The best unicorn round known to the underworld is a 835grn boat tail hollow point unobtainium round on top of 1934grns of PFM powder. And don't forget that you can check them in on the Okla Dept of Wildlife online check station!

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should really post more often. I miss you ... :heart:

Thanks BB! I've missed this nut house too! I've been busy with life and a big fishing trip to alaska. Now that ammo is becoming easily available again I need to start shooting more! It feels like forever since I've sent lead downrange.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks BB! I've missed this nut house too! I've been busy with life and a big fishing trip to alaska. Now that ammo is becoming easily available again I need to start shooting more! It feels like forever since I've sent lead downrange.

No kidding ... You and me both, buddy!! It seems like just yesterday that I could go to Academy and buy a case of 9mm and still have money left over go out to dinner with GC ... And I'd shoot that case up and go get another one before the week was out ... Ahhhh ... the "good old days" ... :D

We need to see pics of this fishing trip ...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:naughty: :naughty: Seriously ... Did you see the "package" that unicorn was carrying!?!!?!!? :P

I tried not to. Not really my thing. :D

bwahahhahaha! You guys are sick! LOL looks like someone removed the picture :P

Yea bit she saved a copy to her computer first. :D :D

The real question is, how did you find those pics in less then an hour, or did you already have them saved to YOUR computer????? :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom