Village Tactical is a joke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like the internet, make a comment with no supporting information. The walls are a little bare from the slow time in January but in the coming week and more there is a lot of product coming in. As far as the store itself it is essentially the same except now there is a sitting area if you bring children or wives in while you do paperwork. If there is something you would like to see since you believe it has "fallen off" how bout we discuss it instead of empty posting in a general chat forum.
I went in there back in November with money to spend and left after being ignored for 15min. I'm not in great health and don't feel well enough to wait around while workers talk about what they did last night

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in there back in November with money to spend and left after being ignored for 15min. I'm not in great health and don't feel well enough to wait around while workers talk about they did last night
That is exactly what happened to me three times at Gene Sears. I even tried to make myself conspicuous by browsing expensive items when that didn't work I waited at the counter. After 5 minutes, I left.

Never again.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is exactly what happened to me three times at Gene Sears. I even tried to make myself conspicuous by browsing expensive items when that didn't work I waited at the counter. After 5 minutes, I left.

Never again.
That sucks, every time I have been in Gene Sears I have always been greeted and asked if I needed help finding anything. I haven’t been in since Gene passed away though.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go there regularly. Bought and sold several guns. Take in bucket of brass ( .38, 45C, 243, 30-30 and 270) and always use that credit to buy more of their reloaded ammo. From the street you can't tell if open but never went when they weren't.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t been in since Gene passed away though.
That's the difference right there. It's a shell of what it once was. All the $30k doubles and O/Us seem to be gone and the rest of the inventory is really sparse. Shelves are bare. It's sad to see.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be an attitude problem, your attitude. All the above mentioned places have been pretty nice to me, but I'm an old, fat, bald guy that walks with a pronounced limp, and I'm a little fuddish. Maybe they feel sorry for me because they don't know which of my disabilities are worse, the physical or the mental. You have to realize the guys in the shop are just clerks, not making a lot of money, because the gun business is damn competitive in this town. When I was in high school, just after the civil war, I used to go into Andy Anderson's, the gold standard of service, I'd ask the guy if I could look at some Browning, he was the one that wore the tweed sport coat, now both of us new I could no more afford that gun than flying to the moon, but he would get the gun down, then wipe it down and present the gun to me, he treated me like I had walked in with a big cigar. But if you wanted the gun it was full retail price. My point of reference would be Fred Bakers store, you had to be a verified dick head to work there, and you were rarely disappointed. If you've ever worked with real sales people, what a joy, but they make good money, and they work. You can't have it both ways.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Love my P-10C guns, though. Like I said, I haven’t been there since 2022. You and I met a few years back.
Yes sir, I remember. It was a brief encounter at the store. I think I asked if you were the Hoov and you said yes. I think I asked about a gunsmithing problem I had?

Latest posts

Top Bottom