VW is bringing back the Scout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s cool! Love the old 4x4 stuff coming back to life! (ford bronco too) Hate that it’s EV though

I will never buy one. Out of my budget for starters. Anyhow all these new vehicles are darned IPads on wheels, way to computerized.

I suspect any new EV scout brought out by VW will be purchased primarily by upper-middle class city dwellers, who will use the 4x4 modes when the pier1-imports and pottery barn parking lots have some snow on ‘em.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This saddens me. First, because it's a Volkswagen. Secondly, because it's electric. And third, because my old buddy Jim "Rambo" Porterfield had an original IH Scout, and he's probably twisting in his grave right now becsuse of this news. How dare you, VW?! Have you no shame nor scruples?! :nono1:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be pretty happy with a old Scout in stock format like the early ‘60s models. Same goes for an old Bronco, Blazer, Landcruiser or Rover. I don’t go anywhere that I’d need a built rig.

I keep thinking that I need to resurrect my 80 F100 2wd. Simple is good for me and I was pretty happy driving it when I was 16-22 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom