VW is bringing back the Scout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be pretty happy with a old Scout in stock format like the early ‘60s models. Same goes for an old Bronco, Blazer, Landcruiser or Rover. I don’t go anywhere that I’d need a built rig.

I keep thinking that I need to resurrect my 80 F100 2wd. Simple is good for me and I was pretty happy driving it when I was 16-22 years old.

Sand the points, rebuild/replace the carb, possibly replace the rotor, cap, wires and plugs, new battery and it will probably run. Brakes might take the most work with new hoses and/or lines, pads, rebuild/replace master cylinder. Would be a fun project to do.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why can’t they make the old bodies w updated suspension,axles etc and put a basic easy TBI system like in late 80-early 90 chevy bet they could make pretty good mileage and be what everyone who has owned old trucks WANTS.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Why can’t they make the old bodies w updated suspension,axles etc and put a basic easy TBI system like in late 80-early 90 chevy bet they could make pretty good mileage and be what everyone who has owned old trucks WANTS.
Someone is already doing this. Why don't you buy one and give us a review. Only $189K.
International Scout Restorations

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it makes sense for VW to jump on the off-roader bandwagon. People pay good money and line up to buy Wranglers, Broncos, Gladiators, Range Rovers and the like. Toyota could reintroduce an old school Land Cruiser and probably own the world.

VW hasn't had much success with theirs, despite apparently being pretty decent machines, performance wise. The Scout name might help. There's already a Wrangler all electric option either out now, or coming soon. Supposedly did great in off road testing.

Maybe someone will reintroduce the AMC Eagle? With wood panels? Asking for a friend...

Latest posts

Top Bottom