WalMart - No Ammo Sales After 10 PM............ WTF ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it. It's a private business and they should be able to set their rules as they see fit. On the other hand try to buy a bottle of Yukon Jack on a Sunday in Oklahoma. The State of Oklahoma apparently thinks you shouldn't be able to get your drunk on on Sunday. That's something you should complain about........

For once we are in agreement. Scary huh? Not only can I not buy a bottle on Sunday or a Holiday but I have to go to some specially designated store that can only sell liquor, can't sell real beer cold and can only be open between 10am and 9pm. I have gotten spoiled spending so much time in Nola, I can walk to the corner grocery and get anything I wan't 24 hours a day

Of course everyone that complains about this will continue to shop at mega crap mart because it's convenient.

Want to do something about it? Actually quit spending your money at wal-mart buy elsewhere and I mean everything elsewhere then make sure you let them know they lost your dollars in income.

I'm sick of people whining about wal-mart and then continuing to shop there, keep supporting them and they'll keep doing what they want.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably has something to do with having a clerk on duty familiar with state/federal l firearms laws. The manager of that store probably has a CYA mentality.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume that Walmart stores only have a few "keepers of the key" and in some stores don't work late or early. Apparently it requires special training to be able to sell ammunition.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier this year the I-40 & MacArthur store refused to sell after 10pm, but what really pissed me off is that they blamed it on "state law".

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to buy ammo at the Walmart at 81st & Lewis in Tulsa once and a clerk explained the situation to me. I assume that maybe it's the same for all the stores.

After 10:00 the sporting goods department manager goes home as well as the dedicated staff for the department. That means that only managers have keys and since the store is running short staffed they set a policy to not sell ammo to keep from having to have the manager on duty constantly running back to the sporting goods department.

I don't think its a moral high ground issue, it's just a simple business staffing issue.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.wikia.com_uncyclopedia_images_1_11_Beating_a_dead_horse.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom