WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job.

We need to get this information out and have everyone call and overload their phones!

Just got off the phone, they said nothing has been released yet as well. Told them if that happens I will no longer shop there or at Sam's and will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Maybe I'll call tomorrow too. :D

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with WalMart and they have suspended their sales. I then told them that they had lost my business and they told me they would pass my feedback on to management. Everyone else should do the same 1-800-925-6278

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with WalMart and they have suspended their sales. I then told them that they had lost my business and they told me they would pass my feedback on to management. Everyone else should do the same 1-800-925-6278

Calling now. I hate to admit it, but I spend about 10k per year with them. Guess somebody else gets it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are just waiting to see what is coming. Why engage in any new contracts when they aren't sure what the landscape is going to look like?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhat related:

Jan. 9, 2013 - "Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms.

"We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Knowing our senior leaders could not be in Washington this week, we spoke in advance with the Vice President’s office to share our perspective. We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate.

"We take this issue very seriously and are committed to staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

-- David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications

Emphasis is mine and plenty of reason for me to not shop there.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well everyone bitching about people buying ammo at Wal-Mart and gouging won’t need to get their shorts in a wad about that one anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom