Walmart - we are doomed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that is supposed to be "Ha Ha Ha," you better brush up on your Morse code. Otherwise, it is "Hi Hi Hi."

When I first learned Morse code taking a ham preparation class some 60 years ago and getting my novice license where i communicated only with code. “ hi hi hi “ was how we were taught to laugh in code.

.-- .- ..... ... . .-

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first learned Morse code taking a ham preparation class some 60 years ago and getting my novice license where i communicated only with code. “ hi hi hi “ was how we were taught to laugh in code.

.-- .- ..... ... . .-

Had to learn code in the Army, and even though I once had a ham license in Tech Plus, I never had to send code as a civilian. My ham license expired long ago, and I sold what little ham gear I had. My old call sign was N5YGO.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to learn code in the Army, and even though I once had a ham license in Tech Plus, I never had to send code as a civilian. My ham license expired long ago, and I sold what little ham gear I had. My old call sign was N5YGO.

Back then Novice license was good for only 1 year. Code only. Could not be renewed so you had to upgrade to tech or above. I tried to upgrade to tech. Passed the code portion of the test. But failed the theory portion. Then I had to return the borrowed equipment as we were moving ( dad was a preacher-moved a lot). I was in the 9th grade. Jump forward 50+ years and I decided that was some unfinished business. Took the Tech exam and passed. Then turned around and took the General exam. Passed that too. My novice call sign was WN5SEA. When upgraded they would merely change the ‘N’ to an ‘A’ so when I got my current license they assigned me a new call but I immediately got a vanity call back to my original. So my call now is WA5SEA

Latest posts

Top Bottom