Wanting to reload - advice sought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the aforementioned books, plus an awful lot more, uploaded to my google drive linked in this thread:

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/i-compiled-a-bunch-of-goodies-for-you-guys.311378/
You can read to your hearts content for free directly online. Or you can download whatever you want and put it on your iPad. Or kindle. Or print it out. its a free country. Might not be as nice as having a real physical bound book in your hands, but its an awful lot cheaper, that's for sure.

bobkhan

Enlightened Redneck
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the aforementioned books, plus an awful lot more, uploaded to my google drive linked in this thread:

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/i-compiled-a-bunch-of-goodies-for-you-guys.311378/
You can read to your hearts content for free directly online. Or you can download whatever you want and put it on your iPad. Or kindle. Or print it out. its a free country. Might not be as nice as having a real physical bound book in your hands, but its an awful lot cheaper, that's for sure.
Thank you!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I apologize for not getting this data file on oklahomahunter.net. It has been posted there now. All my fault.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Lyman reloading manual in 1964 . Then a can of IMR 3031 powder . Sent my can of powder home with a guy at work who had a scale . He weighted me out 45 grains of powder . Put it in a little glass jar . Then I soudered a handle on a 45 colt case & trimmed it to level off with the 145 grains in the case. Bought a box 150 grain bullets. Then I bought a Lyman 310 tong tool with 3006 dies. Oh & I bought some primers to. And I made loaded ammunition. The next thing I bought was a powder scale.

Last edited:

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You never said what you’re loading for……
If it’s a bolt gun, then +1 on the mentor suggestion.
If it’s an autoloader, then +1000 on the mentor.
Get a book, watch videos.
And don’t discount Lee equipment. If you treat it right, it will return the favor with interest.

0B3AFFDE-46B2-4306-9F73-90FB60AD231A.jpeg
So, this is the Lee Challenger kit I bought from Outdoor America 30 years ago, note the price tag!😛
The guy that wrote-up the sale invited me back when I was done “playing with toys“, and he would sell me some “real” equipment. Well, I never went back (for a new press, at least) and my Lee kit outlasted his job!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Lyman reloading manual in 1964 . Then a can of IMR 3031 powder . Sent my can of powder home with a guy at work who had a scale . He weighted me out 145 grains of powder . Put it in a little glass jar . Then I soudered a handle on a 45 colt case & trimmed it to level off with the 145 grains in the case. Bought a box 150 grain bullets. Then I bought a Lyman 310 tong tool with 3006 dies. Oh & I bought some primers to. And I made loaded ammunition. The next thing I bought was a powder scale.
Sounds similar to my story. I reloaded for years without a scale.
Lee scoops, and a Lee handpress.

Wiped the brass with a rag, loaded it up, shot it again.

No scale, no tumbler, no internet, no problem.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reloading is like any other hobby,
You can spend as much on it as you want.
Start with the fundamentals.

Single stage press
Dies
Scale
Good books.

If you actually reload enough to ware out an inexpensive single stage press, you will know exactly what you want in your next press.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Lyman reloading manual in 1964 . Then a can of IMR 3031 powder . Sent my can of powder home with a guy at work who had a scale . He weighted me out 145 grains of powder . Put it in a little glass jar . Then I soudered a handle on a 45 colt case & trimmed it to level off with the 145 grains in the case. Bought a box 150 grain bullets. Then I bought a Lyman 310 tong tool with 3006 dies. Oh & I bought some primers to. And I made loaded ammunition. The next thing I bought was a powder scale.
Man oh man I love your story. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Figure out a way, get it done. Adapt improvise overcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom