Well They Just Let The Guy Go Next To Me........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hell of a day at work. The boss just let the guy in the office right next to mine go. He had been here nearly as long as I had, got paid way more, and was a registered Land Surveyor. And he just got canned. I now sit in a main office with four office, three that are empty and mine. Once they were all full.

It also turns out that the guy that I got hired on to cover his duties so he could perform other duties is now going to be in the office 100% of the time instead of flying half the time, office work half the time. He can do everything I can do, and he taught me my job.

So basically, I am thinking I am next. If I had to guess, I'll be let go tomorrow since it is Friday. I already went through my desk and packed up the personal stuff from it, same with the computer and the closet.

I'm on good terms with the boss, and I've not really messed anything up like the guy that got let go today did, but who knows.

Hell of a day.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude that sucks!
Back in 08 when we were laying off, when the bosses started walking grabbing guys individually. The shop just stopped.....
Everyone sat around waiting their turn til the boss came by and have the "all clear" for the day.
Chitty feeling waiting to see if you're next.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a great job that I love that is 1 mile from my house. I do good work, but heck, so does the guy that is going to be in the office 100% of the time.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at it this way, they may be getting ready to give you a promotion as well.....it could happen, and hope it does for your sake. Think positive about the situation.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why wait and worry. Hope is not a course of action.

Ask them respectfully and directly, "What are your plans for me?".

Latest posts

Top Bottom