What controlled hunts did everyone put in for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be looking for help as well. ;)

Actually, as I've posted before, I was a helper on a buddy's elk hunt hunt, and ended up helping two other hunters that didn't have help get their animals out. Challenging but it offered a view to the hunt areas that I've never seen.

Some folks show up to help to get a little meat in return for the help.

What pissed me off was at the meeting when a guy asked if the meat needed to be brought out. The director of the hunt said no. The guy brought out the antlers and left the carcass.

They spent a lot of time telling everybody that wanted to listen about how they had been all over the world hunting , and how great they were.
I think they sucked.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be looking for help as well. ;)

Actually, as I've posted before, I was a helper on a buddy's elk hunt hunt, and ended up helping two other hunters that didn't have help get their animals out. Challenging but it offered a view to the hunt areas that I've never seen.

Some folks show up to help to get a little meat in return for the help.

What pissed me off was at the meeting when a guy asked if the meat needed to be brought out. The director of the hunt said no. The guy brought out the antlers and left the carcass.

They spent a lot of time telling everybody that wanted to listen about how they had been all over the world hunting , and how great they were.
I think they sucked.

I agree!

Side story: I watched a guy that bragged about his around the world hunting adventures among 3 rookie hunters. Later when the time came to field dress a deer, he hung the deer up and stabbed at the carcass much like you would split a watermelon lengthwise. I later had the pleasure of showing the new hunters, the cleaner less smelly method of field dressing a deer.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Side story 2: I used to take major pride in my dressing skills... But after my cousin fabbed up a simple hitch hanger, we don't even gut anymore. Just hang 'em, skin from the spine, and pull the hinds and backstraps out. What's left makes for great predator bait in the original blood puddle.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Side story 2: I used to take major pride in my dressing skills... But after my cousin fabbed up a simple hitch hanger, we don't even gut anymore. Just hang 'em, skin from the spine, and pull the hinds and backstraps out. What's left makes for great predator bait in the original blood puddle.

You leave the filet mignon for the predators?

Latest posts

Top Bottom