What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded some 45LC
IMG_7677.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30-30

I loaded some 30-30 yesterday and shot them. 110 V Max.
I neck turned a bunch of R-P cases because some were .004" thicker than others and I found the 30-30 of mine is very picky.
Model 94. I had to single load them as they would not come out of the gate into the chamber.

I loaded with BL-C (2) and H4895.
The best load was H4895 at 37 gr. I got a 3 shot of .990" and then #4 was a flier 2.5" away.

Neck turning those cases some would only take some off one side of the neck and others would take a LOT off the neck and when seating the bullets you could feel the differences in seating forces.

I will pin tumble all those neck turned and fired cases and then anneal and brush them before sizing.
That should give me more consistent seating forces.

That load showed promise and I will play with it more and play with seating depths only now.

243 winchester.

I do not shoot my 243 rifles as much as I should.
I don't know why because they are lasers.

I built and tested some loads yesterday and the best one was loaded in November last year.

70 Nosler @2.714" OAL with 44gr. H4350 I used 2 R-P cases and 3 Winchester cases. CCI200 primers.
That group had 1 flier in it to open the group to .997" and discount the flier I got .419"

1" high of aim point for the group and perfect left and right
Yesterday was a little windy but I hunt in the wind like everyone does.
I am not saying the wind opened the group. Most likely the range picked up unsorted cases :)

001.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom