What is your dream configuration for an AR-15, AR10, etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not my dream config, but I want to buy a complete rifle, so I like this one:

www.guns.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_12_Jack_Carbine.jpg

heck ya, just need some glass with that. Leupold HAMR, anyone?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91399206@N04/8683194381/http://www.flickr.com/people/91399206@N04/

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am actually about to put together my dream. 308 battle rifle. I just won a brand new DPMS LR-308 Oracle on Gunbroker for $1000 that I'm going to use as the basis. I will replace the barrel with a Criterion 18.5" light profile CL with rifle gas, under a Troy TRX 308 12" FF handguard, with a JP adjustable gas block front sight, NM A1 front sight post from Tech Sights, KAC 2-600m folding rear sight, mil spec receiver extension with CTR stock, and a MOE grip. That is probably as far as I will take it for now, but to complete the dream setup, I would also add a NiB BCG and a Gieselle SSA trigger.

Optics are TBD. I will probably slap a Burris TAC30 1-4x on it in a Primary Arms extended mount for starters.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am actually about to put together my dream. 308 battle rifle. I just won a brand new DPMS LR-308 Oracle on Gunbroker for $1000 that I'm going to use as the basis. I will replace the barrel with a Criterion 18.5" light profile CL with rifle gas, under a Troy TRX 308 12" FF handguard, with a JP adjustable gas block front sight, NM A1 front sight post from Tech Sights, KAC 2-600m folding rear sight, mil spec receiver extension with CTR stock, and a MOE grip. That is probably as far as I will take it for now, but to complete the dream setup, I would also add a NiB BCG and a Gieselle SSA trigger.

Optics are TBD. I will probably slap a Burris TAC30 1-4x on it in a Primary Arms extended mount for starters.

Be sure to post a thread when your done with it. i'd like to see how it turns out.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to post a thread when your done with it. i'd like to see how it turns out.

Definitely. It shouldn't be too long... the rifle will be here Tuesday, and parts will be ordered as soon as my buddy pays me back the money I fronted him for the SPAS-12 at Wannenmacher's that he just had to have!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol yeah, he's been wanting one of those since we were teenagers, and I know without a doubt he is good for it. Plus I will get to play with it a lot too! ;)

That's funny. My dad is in the same boat. Everytime I tell him bought a new shotgun, he always ask if its a Spas. I've let him down every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom