What semi-autos are best in this style...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two XDs and I like the style of the gun. Im thinking about buying another sometime soon but Im not sure which one to get. I like the style of XD, Beretta Px4, Taurus 24/7, Glock (they are awfully bland but the overall style i like) type guns.

In short I dont really like 1911 looking guns or revolvers but guns that look similar to the ones I mentioned is what I want to buy. So far Im leaning towards the beretta or a Glock in 9mm or .45

What do you guys suggest for manufacturers/guns that I mentioned and all those I have not????

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are just wanting to branch out and try something different, I'd say just get another XD. If you want to try something else, go with a Glock.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can find one, check out a CZ 75. I had a couple XD's and will probably get an M in the future but the CZ's just fit better and are more controllable because of the little extra weight from the steel frame.
H&H had one last week.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The PX4 is getting flack for the rotary locking/unlocking system torquing shooters hands/wrists a bit during the cycle. Glock's quality is unmatched, but they're ugly; I love Glocks, but man are they ugly. Taurus is up in the air; you'll either get a fantastic one, or end up sending it back to the factory in Brazil, ON YOUR DOLLAR, for warranty rework.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CDNN has some good deals right now on Type "C" Beretta PX4's. I liked the Type "C" action as I hate DA/SA pistols. Type "C" is DAO, has no safety/decocker and leaves the hammer at half cock after each shot so there isn't the super long pull of the Type "D" DAO. The trigger was very, very smooth.
I had one recently and found the fit superb and the pistol fun to shoot with 2 hands. With one hand it does torque a lot, mine was a .40 and I always used 180 grain bullets. I didn't really notice the torque when using a proper 2 handed hold, but it was definitely noticeable with one hand.
I used the smallest backstrap and found that to fit me perfectly.
They are different, really well made and if I had kept it I would certainly have been tempted to buy a CX4 carbine to go with it as the mags could interchange between pistol and carbine.
I sold the gun when I became unemployed, not because I disliked it. They aren't for everyone, but at the price CDNN was offering them for (I think it was $399, but I've deleted the email and can't say for sure) you probably haven't much to lose.

The Walther P99QA is another interesting pistol. I got one to go with my Walther PPS since it had the same ambi trigger guard mag release system which I really like. I liked everything about the P99QA but the trigger. The trigger was very rough and would not smooth out even after thousands of rounds of dry firing, a little polishing and a lighter striker spring. I sold it because I just couldn't get used to the trigger.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Beretta PX4 , I really like, I bought a CX4 carbine to go with it. Both are great shooters. I have an XD too so either be good with me..

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just turned 21 in Dec. and my funds are limited since I go to the mighty expensive OU. My XD-9 and XD-40 are enough of the springfield brand for now. I want to in essence taste the gun "rainbow" while making each of my purchases count with quality guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom