What semi-autos are best in this style...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger SR9,CZ P-07 are a couple that I own and shoot alot with zero issues.The new Steyrs are nice as well ,my next handgun will be the new Caracal F if I can even get one...

I had a Steyr M-A1 with parts so I could run it in either 9mm, .40 S&W or 357 SIG. Nice pistol, excellent service from Steyr USA when the extractor broke. The annoying thing about the M series Steyrs is the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) shaves a bit of brass off the back of each cartridge as it is ejecting. Made it easy to identify my brass and the shavings never affected function, but it was annoying. I liked the triangle-trapezoid sights too, I wish they'd had a fiber optic triangle sight for the front, that woud have been interesting, sort of like the chevron in the Bindon system.

The Caracals look nice, designed by Wilhelm Bubits, the same guy that did the Steyr M series (as well as the compact S series). But why no backstrap options? Being able to adjust the grip size to suit the individual has been useful for me. They do look interesting though.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow there are a lot of CZ fans out there. I have been 21 for less than a month and im already 3 guns in the hole right now, at this rate im sure a CZ is probably in coming in the future for me lol.

im not a fan of the looks of the CZ but the quality of the gun is appealing. Anyone have experience with Wather's semi's???

Stay away from the 88 unless you've got money to burn, these are collector guns now. As to the P38/P1, P4, P5 these are classic's, and usually great shooters, just don't go putting any +P's through them. P99 is one of the better non-glock pistols out there, but you need to become familiar with their different trigger configurations. Try to find an older model, or their AS version. These tend to have better triggers, and stick with the 9MM version, as its what it was originally designed for, they've had issues with the .40SW models, mostly poor accuracy compared to the 9MM versions.

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it seems like you aren't that interested in the CZ line. I would get a P06 or P07.

I would say it sounds like your perfect match will either be another XD or a Glock. If you go the Glock route the 23 or 19 would be my choice. Depending on if you have any interest in the 40 S&W.

Since you are a bit younger. I would say that maybe a 1911 seems a bit dated for you. But there are quite a few amazing looking 1911's out there. If you really want a futuristic looking handgun the 1911 platform is the way to go. More modifications than you can imagine. Get a Para and you have a double stack (less old timer).

bulk .44 magnum ammo

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have .40 XD and it a little bit snappy. my XD 9mm is more enjoyable to shoot so Im definitely looking for a 9mm weapon or maybe a .45 because I dont have one yet.

I look at some sigs and i like what they are doing and have heard nothing but good things about them. The best thing about becoming a gun junking is the options. lol

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not that i like "plastic" guns per se but 1911's and revolvers just look a bit to rustic for me and it just so happens that guns that take the shape that I like are made with plastic lowers for whatever reason or another. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom