What semi-autos are best in this style...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two XDs and I like the style of the gun. Im thinking about buying another sometime soon but Im not sure which one to get. I like the style of XD, Beretta Px4, Taurus 24/7, Glock (they are awfully bland but the overall style i like) type guns.

In short I dont really like 1911 looking guns or revolvers but guns that look similar to the ones I mentioned is what I want to buy. So far Im leaning towards the beretta or a Glock in 9mm or .45

What do you guys suggest for manufacturers/guns that I mentioned and all those I have not????

Did you just talk about "style" and mention "bland" in reference to a handgun? :screwy:

Might wanna hit up Bravo network and see what they say on "What not to wear." :D

Seriously though, who cares? Just go with what you shoot well.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock, M&P, Xd, in that order for me. Not really sure why you're so intent on the looks, it's how it feels and shoots that are generally preferred over aesthetics.

Hey bud are you kidding me aesthetics are an EXTREMELY large part of the gun industry... lol

everyone has there own style of gun they like. Each manufacturer makes a variety of guns in many style so we can choose which one feels best, looks best (to us any way), functions the best, etc. etc.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I shot Matt Mink's SP-01 in Pennsylvania at the IDPA Nationals a few years back. For some reason, I couldn't get used to the recoil impulse. Thinking it might be the way Matt had his gun set up, I tried a buddy's and felt the same way. When I ran the M&P in competition, I really liked the gun, but never gelled with the recoil impulse on it either, regardless of what setup I tried.

I've had no issues running Glock's, 1911's or revolvers in this aspect. Just seems odd is all.

Just look at the bore axis... I can tell you why it would end up just like my Hks.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just look at the bore axis... I can tell you why it would end up just like my Hks.

You know - everyone says that, but I've never had an issue with my high bore-axis guns being harder to acquire targets or any less-natural to point than a Glock or M&P (as a matter of fact, the HK P7 felt weird - and not just because of the squeeze cocker, its got the lowest bore axis of any gun I've ever shot).

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know - everyone says that, but I've never had an issue with my high bore-axis guns being harder to acquire targets or any less-natural to point than a Glock or M&P (as a matter of fact, the HK P7 felt weird - and not just because of the squeeze cocker, its got the lowest bore axis of any gun I've ever shot).

Probably just differences in preference. I love HKs and own 4 HKs (not including carbines/rifles). Dont own any CZs but love the ones I have shot. But for anything other than range, I just cant get use to them.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow there are a lot of CZ fans out there. I have been 21 for less than a month and im already 3 guns in the hole right now, at this rate im sure a CZ is probably in coming in the future for me lol.

im not a fan of the looks of the CZ but the quality of the gun is appealing. Anyone have experience with Wather's semi's???

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean specifically? More/Less impulse, timing issue (late/early)?

I'm just curious since I seem to be able to shoot both CZs and Sigs better than I can my Glocks.

I think it was the way it moved in my hand. I was having a harder time tracking the sights through recoil and getting it back to point of aim. If I had to describe it, it felt like a rocking horse in my hand. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom