What semi-autos are best in this style...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned either, but on limited funds the Ruger SR9 and CZ P-07 should also be considered. Either can be had for around $400.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PX4 is really a nice gun, put about 1200 rounds through mine before I sold it and never experienced the "twisting/torqing of the wrist.". Currently have an M&P 9L and an extremely happy with it.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the Ruger suggestion. I shot a Ruger P90 of an acquaintance at H&H, and it was spectacular. Spectacular times two, even. I just don't do slide-mounted safeties, unless it's on a Deagle.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AKmoose I just checked the CZ and it has the whole 1911 feel which idk just looks like a gun off MASH the tv show or something lol and it just looks to retro for me.

I think im going to leave the Taurus alone because I have heard enough about it. I've narrowed it down to a beretta px4 .45 or Glock 9mm. It will probably come down to which ever one is cheapest :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock, M&P, Xd, in that order for me. Not really sure why you're so intent on the looks, it's how it feels and shoots that are generally preferred over aesthetics.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I shot Matt Mink's SP-01 in Pennsylvania at the IDPA Nationals a few years back. For some reason, I couldn't get used to the recoil impulse. Thinking it might be the way Matt had his gun set up, I tried a buddy's and felt the same way. When I ran the M&P in competition, I really liked the gun, but never gelled with the recoil impulse on it either, regardless of what setup I tried.

I've had no issues running Glock's, 1911's or revolvers in this aspect. Just seems odd is all.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I shot Matt Mink's SP-01 in Pennsylvania at the IDPA Nationals a few years back. For some reason, I couldn't get used to the recoil impulse. Thinking it might be the way Matt had his gun set up, I tried a buddy's and felt the same way.

What do you mean specifically? More/Less impulse, timing issue (late/early)?

I'm just curious since I seem to be able to shoot both CZs and Sigs better than I can my Glocks.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus is up in the air; you'll either get a fantastic one, or end up sending it back to the factory in Brazil, ON YOUR DOLLAR, for warranty rework.

For the record, firearms never leave the country for warranty work. Once they are imported, they stay here for the most part. The Taurus warranty work is done in Miami, FL.

Likewise, Glocks go to Georgia for warranty work, not Austria. Springfield XDs go to Illinois, not Croatia. Beretta go to Maryland, not Italy.

Please refrain from perpetuating this nonsense in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom